!st locate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know who these people are? They are searching my credit file every few weeks. All my creditors have my address so there is no need for anyone to try to "find" me.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Does anyone know who these people are? They are searching my credit file every few weeks. All my creditors have my address so there is no need for anyone to try to "find" me.

1st Locate UK Limited. billing, revenue management and payment processing solutions from 1st Locate

Town Centre House, Merrion Centre, Leeds,

LS2 8LY.

0113 297 7500

Taken from their website:

Firstlocate provide ethical, compliant and considerate solutions to enable the effective collection of outstanding balances from current and former customers. These range from customers who are in temporary difficulties through to former customers either unaware of their outstanding balance or attempting to avoid repayment of thier final account debts. Whichever part of the collections process you need assistance with, you will find that Firstlocate provide a tailored solution to your specific requriements. Firstlocate have the in-house ability to trace customers who have moved , arrears resolution through to financial difficulty teams.and defended or problem default accounts.This is one of the reasons why many of the UK's leading Utility organisations choose Firstlocate for assistance in this area.

So since their tracing service is in house, they won't be able to weedle their way out of it by blaming a third party when they c@ck it up

Complain in writing to them stating that you have no relationship with this company and have not provided specific permission for them to search your file, I would also complain to the CRA

Sometimes these 'types' of company search your file to see if you have paid off any creditors, taken any new loans etc. so that they can begin to harrass you for more money, strictly against guidelines I believe, so complain as suggested by SH above.

I've recently made a complaint to the ico because I discovered a lowlife had searched my file on the back of a financial association which had been registered by an infamous Spanish bank. The problem is I do not have an association (this was removed immediately by the CRAs when I complained). At first the bank said they had a right because I had an a/c with them, but when I pointed out it was a savings a/c not a credit a/c & it was in my sole name they then decided to deny they had made the entry in the first place. I sent them a photocopy of the credit report clearly showing the entry & the fact they had verified the connection, so they sent me a wonderful letter stating that they had looked into my complaint and their original decision still stands.

After the ico have finished with them I'm going to eat them alive in court, especially when I produce a letter from them admitting that they can find no record of me having an association or a joint a/c. ;)