• Tweets

• I look forward to hearing from a member of the team 
    • Hi Selrahc and welcome to CAG   Please be in no hurry to contact X4Less, Harlands or CRS - they can do nothing for now.   Before you do anything, we need more info. Please confirm :-   1. Approx date you joined.   2. Were you told it was a rolling monthly m/ship by a staff member, or a longer minimum contract.   You have no need to reply to any demand from Harlands/CRS so ignore them for now.
    • why don't you have the green slip of the v5c and what do they want it for?  
    • thats pretty crap you can forget other agreement  thats simply a copy from Cabot filing cabinet of a blank agreement from somewhere and THB i seriously doubt even the tickbox one IS enforceable IMHO, not proof of the IP address used etc etc.   you indicated earlier this was taken out during a time of gambling etc?? was your credit file shot with defaults then and you had numerous other loans and debt etc etc   dx
    • Good evening,   I'm yet another person who didn't think before acting when it comes to a gym membership. I've had a read of quite a few threads before joining so I'm not exactly worried as I see the majority outcome is overwhelmingly positive from the members here, but I hope it's okay that I could seek some personal advice regarding dealing with Harlands myself?   I assumed that "no contract membership, no ties, cancel any time, no joining fee" meant I could cancel my direct debit through my banking app within my first month if I decide I don't like the gym (which I didn't) and absolutely nothing would come of it, I just wouldn't be able to get in the gym anymore. So I cancelled it a couple of days before my second payment was due, which I now see was a stupid thing to do.   After already cancelling my DD I then thought I'd better cancel it on X4L's website as well. Turns out "no ties, cancel any time" should actually read "30 day minimum cancellation window requiring two further payments". As they said my final payment would not infact be due 24th October, but instead be 24th November, even though when I cancelled my membership through the website, the 24th November was OUTSIDE of their 30 day cancellation window. Since I cancelled my DD during my first month without telling the gym and awaiting their cancellation window (which seems like such a scam when you read "no ties, cancel any time") it meant that my payment due 24th October bounced.   I feel extra foolish by the way, because I was certain I took a screenshot of my cancellation notice but cannot find proof of it anywhere, so I really hope that doesn't come back to bite me either.   Anyway as of today I began recieving text messages (which I cannot block - if someone could advise on that, that would be great!) and they also sent me this email:     And that letter reads:     I am well aware that from this point I will need to offer to at least pay the £14.99 for the bounced payment, which I am more than happy to do. I'm just worried that I'm also going to have to owe them £14.99 for November (despite it being outside of their 30 day window). I was just wondering at this stage do I send a letter to Harlands offering to pay the bounced payment but say I will not be paying the admin fee, and give them 14 days to accept that offer? And should I also send a letter to X4L explaining the situation, and ask for their pursuasion in getting Harlands to accept my offer?   Many thanks in advance to whoever responds, hope you can help a fool out!
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

agreement terminated help needed!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3768 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all im new to this forum. i am in a bit of a situation here. bought a vehicle from mercedes dealership in january 2008 on hp agreement. finance was arranged with alphera financial services for period of over 48 months. i am in the 30th month of the agreement and have paid 27 of the payments all upto date. but have fell back on the last 3. they first sent me letter few weeks ago to pay arrears now i have recieved another letter yesterday saying they have terminated the agreement and want to collect their vehicle back. yes loan was over 27k. which i found out today is unregulated from their recovery team who i spoke to over the phone and told them i am now in a position to clear the arrears which is near 2k but they told me its too late cant do anything as contract has been terminated. this is really stressing as the dealer never mentioned anything about unregulated agreement when sold vehicle and also ive been paying for nearly 2.5 years. have i got no rights at all. what is the best way to go about it. any help required please asap. many thanks.:sad:

have you received a default notice?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i did recieve a default notice last year when i was late on 1 payment but that was sorted out with them when i phoned in and made the payment. This time round i only had letter 2weeks telling me clear the arrears. Then iv had this letter off termination

They cant refuse to take a payment, no finance company can if it would affect your indebtiness. Ring them up and pay then say as they have not correctly deffaulted you then they can not terminate.

If you have genunly got the full payment of arrears then they should accept it especially in this ecponomic climate

yeh thanks for that info. This is why im suprised about they should of accepted my offer to clear the arrears. The guy was a bit of a ar**e over the fone. Told him want to speak to superior but no has called back. Rang again today said we got it on our system will get supervisor to call back. But still no response. Is it better to write to them.

Edited by w34pon

i want to write a letter to them regarding the termination and im willing to clear the arrears and carry on with the agreement. Can any1 fosward a template please

they foned me this morning. Not helpful at all just told me we dont want to know we arranging to collect our vehicle dis week. Im really stressed dont know to do

Maybe if you can use photobucket and post the default notice and termination letter then you may get more help, if you dont know how to post these its in here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.