agreement terminated help needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all im new to this forum. i am in a bit of a situation here. bought a vehicle from mercedes dealership in january 2008 on hp agreement. finance was arranged with alphera financial services for period of over 48 months. i am in the 30th month of the agreement and have paid 27 of the payments all upto date. but have fell back on the last 3. they first sent me letter few weeks ago to pay arrears now i have recieved another letter yesterday saying they have terminated the agreement and want to collect their vehicle back. yes loan was over 27k. which i found out today is unregulated from their recovery team who i spoke to over the phone and told them i am now in a position to clear the arrears which is near 2k but they told me its too late cant do anything as contract has been terminated. this is really stressing as the dealer never mentioned anything about unregulated agreement when sold vehicle and also ive been paying for nearly 2.5 years. have i got no rights at all. what is the best way to go about it. any help required please asap. many thanks.:sad:

have you received a default notice?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i did recieve a default notice last year when i was late on 1 payment but that was sorted out with them when i phoned in and made the payment. This time round i only had letter 2weeks telling me clear the arrears. Then iv had this letter off termination

They cant refuse to take a payment, no finance company can if it would affect your indebtiness. Ring them up and pay then say as they have not correctly deffaulted you then they can not terminate.

If you have genunly got the full payment of arrears then they should accept it especially in this ecponomic climate

yeh thanks for that info. This is why im suprised about they should of accepted my offer to clear the arrears. The guy was a bit of a ar**e over the fone. Told him want to speak to superior but no has called back. Rang again today said we got it on our system will get supervisor to call back. But still no response. Is it better to write to them.

Edited by w34pon

i want to write a letter to them regarding the termination and im willing to clear the arrears and carry on with the agreement. Can any1 fosward a template please

they foned me this morning. Not helpful at all just told me we dont want to know we arranging to collect our vehicle dis week. Im really stressed dont know to do

Maybe if you can use photobucket and post the default notice and termination letter then you may get more help, if you dont know how to post these its in here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.