What to do now?...

DDWales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I sold my car approx a month ago. Sent the paper strip to the DVLA to show change of owner. Havent had an acknowledgment letter off the DVLA so do not know if they have changed the owner details. Is this standard fare? Another reason why i ask is that my old car has been seen driven around. Have been on the MID and the car is not insured!! I dont want to be picking up someone elses bills etc!!

What do you think should be the next steps? Have tried phoning the DVLA 'customer services :rolleyes:' phone number but just had the usual automated rubbish.

As you know that is has no insurance, then drop them a line saying you have had no acknowledgement of the change of owner. If you send it recorded delivery, you will have piece of mind. Keep a copy of the letter you send.

Hi all

I sold my car approx a month ago. Sent the paper strip to the DVLA to show change of owner.

You sent "the paper strip to the DVLA". What paper strip?

You should have sent them the entire first page of the V5, sections 1 through 8. It sounds more like you have only sent them the "paper strip" section 10 which should have been given to the new keeper. If you have, then they will completely ignore the fact you have sent them the wrong section and, quite correctly, they will maintain that you have not notified them correctly.

You sent "the paper strip to the DVLA". What paper strip?

You should have sent them the entire first page of the V5, sections 1 through 8. It sounds more like you have only sent them the "paper strip" section 10 which should have been given to the new keeper. If you have, then they will completely ignore the fact you have sent them the wrong section and, quite correctly, they will maintain that you have not notified them correctly.

:eek: If that is the case i'd better write to them and quick! Cheers!

Cheers all. have been in touch with the DVLA who surprisingly were very helpful! :eek::D It seems that I did send in the right forms/strip etc but they were lost!! They have made a note of this on the computer pending an 'investigation'... I was also told to write in to inform them of the matter so that if anything naughty was to happen then i wouldnt be held liable for it.

Cheers all. have been in touch with the DVLA who surprisingly were very helpful!

DDWales, I am sorry to tell you that you clearly dialled an incorrect number and weren't speaking to the DVLA at all. :lol: :lol:

DDWales, I am sorry to tell you that you clearly dialled an incorrect number and weren't speaking to the DVLA at all. :lol: :lol:

I must have! I couldnt believe it myself Lol :):D:D

Gosh! If they now admit to losing documents, that'll be a first.

Indeed! When you read about all of the stories regarding the DVLA on CAG you expect more of the same. I was shocked but at least things are getting sorted...i hope! :D

Quick update. Letter handed in personally to the DVLA today regarding the above. Car tax renewal reminder came through the post today also (for the old car). This better be cleared up soon because im not being held liable for thier mistakes :rolleyes: Will ring them again shortly to confirm situation.

• 2 weeks later...