notice needed to change start time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick question, the company i work for emailed me at 17.35 to let me know that the start time for tomorrow has change and now i start at 8am not 7am. it's only for the one day but i emailed them back to let them know that i would still have to finish at my usual time as i have a medical appointment. i know that its only for one day and only one hour but i know in the past they have deducted the hour not worked from peoples pay and i wanted to know if they do this to me would there be anything i could do about it. it's not the money its the principle. As i know that i only work 4hrs and most of the rest of the staff work 7 or 8 but as tomorrow is the last day of work for the summer holidays i now that all the other staff will be finished after doing the same 4 hours as me. i work full shift they work halve

Hello. I hope I've understood what you mean. I suppose there's no chance you could make the medical appointment at this short notice?

I'd like to know what the others think, but making changes at this short notice doesn't sound very reasonable to me.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

i will be going to my medical appointment regardless of what they say in the morning. i have had this appointment set for 5 weeks, and as i work for a company that work at a school they know every year that the school closes for 7 weeks in summer. so why wait to let me know until 6 -7 hours after i finished for the day and only 12 hours before i get up to start again. my point is if (don't think they will) deduct the hour from pay can i do any thing about it. as i am registered disabled and have regular medical appointments all of which i make sure are after i have finished for the day or in the holidays they should at least give some notice of the change

Hi there. I was only trying to help, sorry. It's a shame you're angry, but taking it out on people on this forum isn't going to help, I'm afraid.

HB

No no no you misunderstand me, im not angry just asking a question and am very grateful to all the advice that is given to me. if i have offended you im really really sorry

Hi there. I was only trying to help, sorry. It's a shame you're angry, but taking it out on people on this forum isn't going to help, I'm afraid.

HB

Hi HBI don't think the poster is taking anything out on any on the forum. Doesn'y read as an angry post to me!!!! :-)

Hi,

I agree with 'honeybee13'... it is a very short notice!... unless, the e-mail makes mention of some exceptional circumstance(s) necessitating such a change.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

its basically only because its our last day of work for 7 weeks and all we will be doing is cleaning up and stripping the kitchen down ready for a steam clean during the holidays. buy my point is that the most of the other staff members normally work anything from 5 to 8 hours and i only work 4, so everytime there is a holiday i end up working my full 4 hours while all the other would only do 4 hours regardless. so if i finish a hour early to attend my long standing appointment and they deduct the hour from pay every body else will get full pay but still finish after half shift.

its basically only because its our last day of work for 7 weeks and all we will be doing is cleaning up and stripping the kitchen down ready for a steam clean during the holidays. buy my point is that the most of the other staff members normally work anything from 5 to 8 hours and i only work 4, so everytime there is a holiday i end up working my full 4 hours while all the other would only do 4 hours regardless. so if i finish a hour early to attend my long standing appointment and they deduct the hour from pay every body else will get full pay but still finish after half shift.

The points you are making need to be brought to the attention of your employer...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.