Issued with PCN for not displaying residents permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I had to take my car to the main dealer for repairs. I am disabled and cannot walk very far. They gave me the loan of a courtesy car to attend a doctors appointment. I live in a residents only parking area so I attempted to comply by displaying the permit for my car in the windscreen of the courtesy car. This car was clearly marked up as a courtesy car with the dealers details on the sides. I received a PCN for parking loutside my flat. Is there anything I can do about this?

Yes it has my own cars VRM on it. The exact wording is:- Parked in a residents or shared use parking placewithout clearly displaying a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket for that place. The permit is serial numbered and is for the location outside my flat.

Yes it has my own cars VRM on it. The exact wording is:- Parked in a residents or shared use parking placewithout clearly displaying a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket for that place. The permit is serial numbered and is for the location outside my flat.

Easy win then as you did display a permit just appeal on those grounds, the correct contravention should have been displaying an invalid permit (code 19) but they have issued you for the wrong 'offence'.

The courtesy car was issued after checking my driving licence, (not even copied) I signed a form at the garage and I was given only the keys no copy of the form I signed. I have a visitors parking permit for my flat but my son came round last night and forgot to leave the permit when he left. If I had displayed this I would not have been given a PCN, its because I displayed the one with my cars vrm on it. I thought common sense should have prevaled in this instance but I was wrong. Both my permits are current until 2012.