PCN -Parked on single yellow line in CPZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone has some advice: Was parked on single yellow between 11-12 but no signs other then CPZ signs restricting parking between 11-12. However the road in question has parking bays without any restriction, i.e. anybody can park 24 hours a day without a permit within the parking bays.

I am trying to contest the ticket on the basis that the stretch of road in question is not controlled as one can park in the bays at any time. The single yellow line should therefore require the usual signages next to it.

Do you agree?

Edited by Cleverboy
spelling

The restriction times on the entry signs apply to the whole zone including SYL which do not need separate timeplates.

Any exception to these times must have a timeplate, either for the SYL or for particular parking bays. I assume that, for you to know that the bays in question are free, the bays have signs to that effect.

Just so. Also "I am trying to contest the ticket on the basis that the stretch of road in question is not controlled as one can park in the bays at any time." is fallacious.

The restriction times on the entry signs apply to the whole zone including SYL which do not need separate timeplates.

Any exception to these times must have a timeplate, either for the SYL or for particular parking bays. I assume that, for you to know that the bays in question are free, the bays have signs to that effect.

All other parking bays have got signs next to them on the pavement restricting parking between 11-12 besides for resident permit holders BX.

This stretch has not got any signs and everybody is parking there without getting fined.

This stretch has not got any signs and everybody is parking there without getting fined.

Ok, without signs, those bays are non-compliant, which is why no tickets are issued. However the SYL are covered by the entry signs and still enforceable.

You have an unwinable case.

Thank you all for your valuable advice.

Just looked at the yellow line this morning and noticed a gap (further down from where I was parked) of about 5cm where line has completely faded.

Any point in appealing on the ground that yellow line does not comply with regulation?

With regards to the CPZ sign, that will legally be sufficent to cover all the SYL's within the zone, with regards to the gap. legally if 80% of that same stretch of line is intact then the gap makes no difference. What i would do is go back to the CPZ, and check all of the signs on all entrances to the zone, if just one sign is missing or has incorrect timings on it (different from the others) then that is your grounds for appealing and winning, but like i tell everyone, appeal!!! appeal because for all anyone knows the lines may be 1cm to thin, think or maybe the street had just been dropped from the TMO.. no one knows.. so an appeal is always worth it