British gas problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, At the moment i am i the process of trying to claim my bank charges back from the Halifax due to the snowball effect on my Halifax account it led to my electricity bill that is with british gas to be unpaid for quite a number of months.

I rang British Gas to make an arrangement to pay off the arrears and they told me they would only accept £196 per month this is way beyond my reach but had no option to pay, although i have paid the amount for the past 6 months its leaving other bills unpaid and I feel like it is spiralling out of controle, I called them last month and the payments have come down to £176 per month even though i told them it was way beyond my means they said if they put a pre-payment meter in they would set it so i pay the same amount. The amount owed now including the latest quartly bill is around £600 we have always payed on budget and just need some advice on how we can reduce the monthly payment to this company. I am not disputing i owe the money but due to my circumstances i find it unreasonable for British Gas to demand such high payments each month, especially as it is affecting my everyday life (food and other bills)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks