every little helps

jack1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i dont know if im right or wrong in what im going to say but here goes.

this country is skint, the government are trying there best to get people of benefits, as it costs them to support benefit claimants. anyway all these jobs at say 4 hours a week (ive seen them ive got one). if everyone on benefits took a job like this it would save the country millions, at not to much effort from those who take those jobs.

as say you took and got a job at 4 hours a week, you would still be able to claim benefits but the 4 hours of wages would be taken of in benefits and paid in wages instead. thus saving the government, giving experience to the worker, and helping those in need.

anyway just a thought.

Nice idea but I can't imagine it happening when miserly employers can have free labour under the "Flexible New Deal".

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Not everyone on benefits is capable of working.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

and there are many on benefits capable of working, i dont know that statistics (maybe i should research ONS) but the majority on benefits i guess are capable of working. like the new fit note states look at what you can do, not at what you cant do.

we can all do something

and there are many on benefits capable of working, i dont know that statistics (maybe i should research ONS) but the majority on benefits i guess are capable of working. like the new fit note states look at what you can do, not at what you cant do.

we can all do something

Yes we can................................... ignore your thread for one thing :-x

If all you've done is come on here to have a pop at the disabled then please go elsewhere!

Troll alert! :rolleyes:

we can all do something

I won't disagree with you jack1966. Many of us who are disabled or long term sick are desperate to work where we are able.

Let me use myself as an example.

I became too ill to do the job I did in Nov 2008. I ran my own rural taxi business. Not the sort of thing that could be sold and I ended up giving away some lucrative work to other drivers I trusted to look after my customers as I did. A fair exchange for a life on benefits? Is it hell!

I have severe COPD [emphysema / bronchitus] and am also being investigated for possible arthritis in both hips. I have quite restricted mobility and am only on nodding terms with my lungs.

I know I can work somehow. But I also acknowledge that it will have to be on my terms. Probably self-employed, part-time, hours completely under my control as I'm constantly fatigued.

The rigours of JSA are out of the question.

I believe that ESA has the potential of helping a lot of us in my situation. It just isn't being applied the right way.

All I need is to be in the Work Related Activity Group. This gives me the level of support and flexibility I need. Unfortunately you need 15 points to officially arrive there. I have 9.

So I have ended up - for one reason or another - benefiting from most of the WRAG features on the assessment rate but at £25 a week less than I should be getting.

Tis madness indeed...

Best wishes

Rae

i dont know if im right or wrong in what im going to say but here goes.

this country is skint,(Do you really believe the Hype. What next aid being extended to the U.K. from third world countries? the government are trying there best to get people of benefits :eek: , as it costs them to support (Do you include JSA as) benefit claimants.(It is just another government dept)

or they could try and re-coup monies lent to other countries first

sorry hits a nerve

dk