virgin media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been with virgin media for many years approx 10 years, about 3 weeks ago i called them to say i was thinking about changing suppliers to a cheaper one, so an advisor offered me the same services at 3 quid cheaper so i said id stay. ive since got a letter saying id entered a new contract :-o. at no time was i advised i was entering a new contract nor was any mention of a contract made.

i opened the letter tonight, its been on the table about 2 weeks, i thought it was junk mail they usually send. i phoned up 2 night to voice my opinion and said i didnt want it, he said its ok ive cancelled it for you, so i asked him to send confirmation it was cancelled he said he wouldnt do that.

im so angry about it and all the implications that could of arose.

what are my rights

To be honest, unless you recorded the call I don't think you can get very far with a complaint, and I know telesales staff, they normally sneak it in to the conversation worded in a way that you'd not notice that implication, like "I'll make it £3 Cheaper OK, and I'll lock the price down for a 12/18/24 month term."

Sneaky I know but thats how they work.

To complain effectively follow their "Code of practice"

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice.pdf

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar