Tax - Help!!!

yetikid234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm under 16 and I have recently started receiving cash on paypal, Do I have to declare this to HM Revenue & Customs? If so how, it's not a fixed price per week/month so I'm a bit lost.

Help please.

Sam

I was helped here so now I'm returning the favour. :)

I get money for doing programming, so I guess thats considered "working", but it's not fixed times, I just do updates every so often.

Sam

I was helped here so now I'm returning the favour. :)

There is no minimum age for paying income tax so if this is from self employment so long as you don't earn more than £6,475 for the tax year 2010/2011 there is no income tax to pay. (£6,475 is the personal allowance for under 65's)

If you are running a business from home though, you should inform HMRC of your status of self employment; if you don't inform them you may find yourself liable to a penalty.

Income tax

HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)