Help - someone please tell me what this road sign means? before I get the PCN!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to park my car this morning.

I found a bay, at the side of the road, and this is the sign next to it.

I don't understand it. I am obviously being really thick here, please can one of you clever people tell me whether the parking bay is pay and display, or residents only pay and display, or residents park free but the rest of us pay and display?

I ended up moving my car this morning, I prefer to argue one parking ticket at the time per council and I already have one I am sorting out from these chappies - but it is a bay in a convenient location, so I would be really grateful for any help.

roadsign.jpg

Edited by my-spirit-soars-free
To add photo which did not upload

its a white cat in a snow storm.......avoid

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Residents permit holders can park there at any time.

Others P&D for a maximum of 2 hours between 8 & 6 with a 2 hour gap between. Between 6pm and 8 am, assuming that these are the unrestricted times for the whole of the CPZ, anyone can park there.

Thank you, green and mean, that would make a load more sense. I just sat there this morning, looking at it, trying to work out what on earth it was trying to tell me!

The black dividing lines, layout and 'meter' make it non compliant with TSRGD 2002

The top third looks altered. Has the 'P Pay at meter' just been stuck on?

No, I don't think so. If it has they have all been changed, I had a look at another one just to see if it gave me a it more clue, but they were all like that.

What's a CPZ, by the way? Only I don't think we have any CPZs, we have some roads that require residents permits but only in specific bays?

CPZ = Controlled Parking Zone. (I think.)

I don't think we have them, I have checked the parking order for the city and I can't find those words anywhere.

Not that it matters, my concern was just whether I could leave my car there, and the answer appears to be yes. :)