Unautorized debit card charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Today is payday – usually a great day, but not this day!

I checked my bank balance this morning to notice there is £220 missing from my bank account, called my bank (Halifax) and informed them I have not made any payment by my card today, and they advised me to wait until tomorrow to see who they are to.

I haven’t used my card to pay for anything today! Let alone 9am in the morning, this is also a new card, so pretty worried about who has the details.

The advisor didn’t seem bothered that I had £220 taken from my account, which is money I could really do with, she advised she can’t cancel “pending” payments, even if fraudulent, I would have to make a claim, which I am fine with doing, but ho wlong will this process take?

I have had this happen in the past with Halifax and they refunded me the amount instantly.

Can anyone shed any light as to why they can’t cancel these unauthorized transactions?

Thanks

Wish I was rich....... :(:(

Ok well I tried to transfer £200 back into my account for my car insurance, but this was just taken straight out by over 8 debit transactions.

Called the bank again, card cancelled and fraud investifation opened, so hopefully will get my £400 back :(

I am going have no money now, and I suppose to be booking out holiday this month - so angry

Wish I was rich....... :(:(

Grr The phone monkey was especially dense been as though it's a new card, 1st thing they should do is cancel it! (I know you'd still be £200 down but the car insurance would at least get paid!)

Kick up a fuss, get their complaints procedure and get them to escalate it to someone authorised to refund this money ASAP

Good luck.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar