Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3740 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Most will have read on my precious thread that i had my contract terminated from my last employer. Now i was due to be paid on the 28th of this month, but no monies were paid into my account. The last letter i received from my ex employer was that i would receive any monies owed into the account they held on file for me. I contacted the paymaster but he was in portugal on holiday. So i rang the company to find out where my salary was. I was told that they would need to get a breakdown from the paymaster to action myself being paid. Now for me this is no good, i was due this money two days ago. They have had a month to make sure this was all sorted due to my contract being cancelled just after my last pay day. Can they do this? and where do i stand as i have bills to pay and no money from them.

Most will have read on my precious thread that i had my contract terminated from my last employer. Now i was due to be paid on the 28th of this month, but no monies were paid into my account. The last letter i received from my ex employer was that i would receive any monies owed into the account they held on file for me. I contacted the paymaster but he was in portugal on holiday. So i rang the company to find out where my salary was. I was told that they would need to get a breakdown from the paymaster to action myself being paid. Now for me this is no good, i was due this money two days ago. They have had a month to make sure this was all sorted due to my contract being cancelled just after my last pay day. Can they do this? and where do i stand as i have bills to pay and no money from them.

Hi,

Any date mentioned on the letter regarding the payment into your bank account?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

You should send a letter (recorded delivery) stating that they did not pay your final wages in accordance with their letter dated XX/XX/2010, and mention that you reserve the right to pursue a legal course of action if they do not deal with the matter forthwith.

Edited by Bigredbus
Correction...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Ok i may need some help on this one if anyone can please. I have spoken to one of the directors yesterday and she said she would find out what has happened and get in touch with me today. I have just received a call from the same director stating that i am not not entitled to any final pay because.

1) I had 4 weeks from work as my daughter was ill, and i was paid in error the following month. So my employers were going to take the money back as i took holiday ie unpaid.

2) They stated that i verbally agreed to this to her and the hr rep (why did this same director not remember this only yesterday? because it did not happen)

3) I had to give 5 days notice so i lose the extra week i did before my contract was terminated....now in a letter i received from them it states that i do not have to work out my notice and i will be paid that.

Surely they can not get away with this? i NEVER verbally agreed anything.

They cannot take money from you in lieu of notice, even if you had agreed to that, so that week is owed to you.

I am not sure about the other bit, if you agreed to pay it back by deduction from your salary then I suppose they might be within their rights?

I was aware they paid me the full month and they said they shouldnt have. But nothing was agreed in paying the money back, i thought i was going to use my annual leave plus some unpaid leave.