• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Byrom and Keeley DMP Providers - Friends or Foes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Caggers, now that I'm settled in my little enclave I call Britain. I thought I would do some DSARs and have a look at both mine and the wife's Credit Reports on Equifax. It's so much easier not having to put a foreign address in by the way. My credit file is looking alright apart from one default to Crap One which I'm in a repayment plan with and I have to say they've been good as gold so far. The long haired colonels file however brought up some interesting reading.

The first one - she's got about 5 defaults on there the most striking one is a loan she had with LTSB which I'd put a PPI claim in against them (I'm waiting on a settlement figure from them via the FOS). The account is showing as settled on her file but she's been getting chased for it for a few years, its still in dispute until the PPI is settled. How can this be settled and they still chase her for it. LTSB have been DSAR'd and nothing showed up to say it was sold on etc but there have been DCAs/Solicitors after her. If it's settled, no default showing why to they continue to chase or I'm I missing something simple.

The second one - LTSB again. She has a default for her old bank account, again I've been via the FOS and had the crazy interest and charges taken off the account for her to reduce the amount back to what it should be about £400 which I'll quite happily pay off. The credit file does not reflect this, is this just LTSB being lazy or do I have to bully them a bit to get her file up to date?

The third one - Next directory, defaulted years ago, the account is in dispute has been for years now due to a lack of CCA. I don't get any letters or anything for this account but I would like to get the default removed, do I write directly to Next on her behalf or contact Equifax to do it?

The fourth one - Aqua/Halifax, she got default and termination payment in Nov/Dec 11 but this does not show on her file. It comes up with in arrears only. I'm still waiting on my DSAR and CCA from both Aqua and Albion and I pay them a token £1 a month on the long haired colonels behalf. I intend playing a bit of hardball with these people once the DSAR comes back as the Default Notice is incorrect and they've terminated the account early, so why are they still applying charges etc. Is it worth writing to complain or just go directly to the ICO with a complaint about processing incorrect information?

And finally - Simply Be/Candid/Reliable Collections - This account was defaulted years ago, but as Aqua they just keep piling on the interest and charges and showing as in arrears? I don't really want to write to these p*&cks and open a can of worms as they can be really annoying but I will if i have too.

Totally different to the above (I know just a few queries this morning), I bought a car in Germany and went through a finance company and they added a brokerage fee for sorting out a loan with a German bank (I signed a credit agreement with the bank by the way), is this allowed? The finance company are a registered business in the UK if that helps. As I know your not allowed to ask for an arrangement fee in the UK for a loan unless its a mortgage of something, so I was wondering whether a brokerage fee boils down to the same thing. I mean I still pay the car payment but it is via the finance company as I don't have a german bank account anymore. Thoughts on this and the above would be much appreciated. Cheers PM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi caggers, got a letter today from Westcot for a LTSB loan that is currently in dispute until my PPI claim that I put in for was sorted out. I'm waiting for the settlement figure from LTSB for the PPI. Now I've read on here that Westcot aren't the best and move to court action quickly. Also after getting the wife's credit report from Equifax, it shows the loan in question as settled by LTSB. I'm at a loss as to how Westcot can be chasing me for a debt that is in dispute and showing as settled on the wife's credit report. Now I'm going to do a letter to them to say the account is in dispute leave the wife alone. Am I missing something really simple in regard to this settled loan being chased for as a debt now or are Westcot just chancing their luck? And I've had no NOA from LTSB for the wife to say they've passed on the debt either which they cannot do as the account's in dispute. Cheers PM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi caggers, just an update got a result with the PPI on a LTSB loan via the FOS. LTSB paid out to her, money now being filtered to pay off other debts. To boot the loan has been shown as settled on her credit file aswell so I wonder why Wescot are chasing it??? One small victory, more fighting to go. PM

Excellent news well done PM.....as for wetcloths, who knows why they even bother getting out of bed in the am!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Depends PM.??

How it is supposed to work is this.

You owe Shallowfax a grand, they place a default marker on your file, and use their in house DCA's to chase you for it.

You don't pay up, they grow tired and sell the bad debt in a portfolio of other debts to a DCA, the bank is then reimbursed via their insurance and the sale of the debt for the amount you owed, therefore they can then set your default to zero, as you no longer owe them anything, they for all intents and purposes have recouped their loss.

So the new owners of the debt are then supposed to place their name next to the default marker, and so the merry go round of fabricating money out of thin air continues, until the six year life limit kicks in and it auto drops off your file.

However having just re-read your question (RTFQ!!) If it is settled then IMO no no-one should be chasing it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

Got the below one of Equidebt working for Aktiv Capital (I've read about them, never had to deal with them until now). I think I know which account it is for, which has been in dispute for nearly two years now with a previous DCA. Should I sent them a letter saying this account is in dispute and has been for xx amount of years, don't bother me? I'm quite content to just let them cut down more rainforest, its for a very old HSBC bank account which has been defaulted and cleared from CRA many years ago.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy115/penmarine/Equidebt%20-Aktiv%20Capital/20120424-EQUIDEBT_NOTICE_OF_COLLECTION.jpg

As always cheers. PM

a pretty standard threat letter with all the usual ifs, buts and maybes, nothing to get overly concerned with, although I do like their attempt to con people into thinking that a doorstep collector has some sort of authority over people and they believe that they can discuss financial matters on a doorstep!

Cheers BB, I knew the letter wasn't a DN, was just wondering why they want to terminate the contract twice. I'll just carry out with taking the complaint to the FOS with Aqua, and I'm not arsed about Equidebt or Aktive Kapital. Will keep updating as and when. PM

• 1 month later...

Not sure, can't find one either, but I think it is pretty much dependant on individual circumstances?

Have a read http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/2312/cm/the-law----full-and-final-settlement-.html

• 3 weeks later...

Caggers just a quick DPA question. My out laws have got a letter from a DCA asking for money. I spoke to the DCA posing as my outlaw, passed security got the info I needed and said I'm not Mr Blah Blah to be told I'd breached the DPA and they were hanging up. Now from my look on it, I had permission from the outlaw to pose as him (he's an OAP) and the DCA got twitchy when I told him I was not the person, after they'd said you confirmed you are Mr xyz. I'm not bothered but I don't want the outlaw getting any pains because I wanted to sort it out for him. So my question is have I or him breached the DPA or has the DCA for releasing that information over the phone even after security questions, which quite frankly where shocking? Ta PM

I wouldn't worry about the DPA, if this is SB then the only correspondence that needs be sent is the SB letter, ignore them.

To take any sort of legal advice from a DCA is like taking parenting advice off Sharon Matthews..

• 3 years later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Byrom and Keeley DMP Providers - Friends or Foes