style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, this is my first post and i've only started doing this since a work colleague got Judgement against NatWest Bank on Friday 25th August 2006.

I've been with Halifax only a short while and am already unsatisfied with the way they conduct themselves.

You go overdrawn and then you add money into the account so your not overdrawn and then they charge you so your overdrawn again!!! Another £30.00 is added, after that I stopped putting money in and thought, nope it can wait!!!!

6 months banking and just under £400.00 in charges which I will be claiming back. I've now opened up an account with Lloyds as I dont want to be with Unhelpful Halifax anymore!!!

I work in the Insurance Industry and so am acquainted with the courts process..

Lets see what happens.

:rolleyes:

Ok, not what I was expecting to hear!

I've been with HSBC, found them very unhelpful and one track minded

I've been with Barclays as student

I do not plan to go overdrawn with Lloyds - I just want to start afresh and feel Halifax is not going to be my cup of tea!

ya as I said purely my opinion from my experiences with Lloyds, but lets face it, arent all banks the same! :) If you dont go overdrawn or ever need anything from them they are fine! ha ha! Good luck again I am sure everything will work out ok!

• 2 weeks later...

First Ltr sent to Halifax, they responded after 7 days with "I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges applied to your account. A customer relations manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will recieve a reply shortly, but certainly no more than 4 weeks."

4 WEEKS!!! Not on your nelly!!

I sent them a responce by recorded delivery and fax.

"I thank you for your recent communication however you must understand that you are an established company and therefore have the means to respond within the apprpriate time scale set. I have advised in my previous letter that I require a responce in 14 days and not your suggested 4 weeks."

They called me today in work, but I couldn't speak so their putting their comments in writing.

I wont settle for aything less than i've been subjected to pay. I want it all back!!!

They offered me £200.00.

I dont think so, I want it all back. Well I'm not being greedy - if I wasnt internet banking and they could show me proof that it cost them £30.00 a time then they could keep it...

I want the full money please

Thank You

I told my lot that I accepted it as a partial payment but not a full and final settlement just to show that I was prepared to enter dialog with them.But your right you want it all.Banks arn't pleased if you don't go over they don't get any money from the bank charges you would not be looked on as a good customer.regards nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.