Excel Parking Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just been reading all of the threads about robbing Excel.

I've just received a PCN for £100 (discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days) from Excel regarding a location in NW England.

Here goes the journey in seeing what happens, keep reading below as I update this thread.

I wasn't driving, it is my car and the car was genuinely but accidently driven onto this land.

The reason that I am not paying is that I feel that this is a very high amount of money indeed for a mistake and that these people are truly robbing the general public. They should earn a living from hard work like most of the people in the UK, rather than robbing from the unaware or less than privileged. I do not feel that they can legally make me pay and I simply won't.

I am choosing the ignore route. With pride!

TBC...

now you call tell everyone you know friends - family - workmates etc how the [problem] works, and what to do if the they one from the [problematic]

just spreading the word will hit the [problematic] where it hurts,

first welcome to CAG, missed that in my other post,

anyways stay with CAG, there are many more threads that may be of interest, and join in on the banter in the BEAR GARDEN thread

regards

Kip

they use the letters PCN but they cannot describe it as a "PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE" their term is "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE"

hoping the public dont spot the difference between an official PCN and their micky mouse [problem] invoice

if thet do call it PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE , that puts them deep in the brown stuff

I'm a bit further down the road with Excel than you fightback2010. Have a look at the thread I started earlier this year. I'm continuing to ignore and haven't heard anything in a little while though I feel in my water that I'm due another comedy letter. Idle threats.

I was a little concerned about the possibility of phone calls to my house but that issue has now been solved by my home phone breaking and I'm not replacing it. No point with mobiles.

Totally off topic - relying on mobiles *could* give you a problem if you have a power cut in the area, as the mobile phone masts will be off, so no signal.

In that situation a bog standard (not cordless) phone will still allow you to dial 999, which is the only reason we still have one.

Totally off topic - relying on mobiles *could* give you a problem if you have a power cut in the area, as the mobile phone masts will be off, so no signal.

In that situation a bog standard (not cordless) phone will still allow you to dial 999, which is the only reason we still have one.

That's what many people forget - cordless telephones will not work during a power cut. This is because the base unit needs power for it to work.

Well to continue the off topic-ness (we were only talking about Excel, why not? :) ) the broken phone was a cordless so we're certainly doomed. Point taken re: emergencies but tbh I just can't see the point in continuing to use a landline phone when mobile providers throw that many inclusive minutes at you. I'll probably be saving about £20 per month. I could use what I've saved to pay off my parking 'fine'! Woohoo!

• 1 month later...

OK, thanks all for your comments & support. It's been a while...

I've received 2 more letters since that first one a few months ago. The second one around mid-July which increased the apparent charge from £60 to £100. Apparently "Failure to pay this notice may result in court proceedings being taken against you which may lead to a warrant being issued to the bailiffs."

"Should you wish to avoid court proceedings which may result in you incurring court fees, solicitors costs and accruing interest, you must pay into the 'central payments office' the amount stated within 14 days of the issue date of this notice."

Court Fee £30

Solicitor's Scale Costs: £50

I haven't paid..

So I have now received the "FINAL DEMAND PRIOR TO COURT ACTION"

Same b&lls*it, different letter...

So I'll continue not to pay and keep you updated!

I'm enjoying this. Keep spending money on postage, Excel.... :p

I'm sure if they can get hold of your name and address details then it's not so much of a stretch for them to get your landline number. I would imagine it's a little more tricky with mobiles but either way I haven't had any calls on my mobile.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Recently received a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors who have been instructed to recover the outstanding "debt." The cost has risen to over £130 (not disclosing exact details in order to avoid tracing from this post.)

It lists the vehicle details and reg, time of offence, place and a "Breach of Contract Ticket No."

If I don't pay up it will be passed to their solicitors, Graham White for potential legal action.

What are your thoughts on this latest update guys? Other posts suggest ignore but I think these guys have represented Talk Talk debt for example from another post. But I think in that case they had a leg to stand on, unlike now.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Just keep ignoring. You will be pleased to know that "Graham White" (aka Michael Sobell is being investigated by the Solicitor's regulation Authority for sending out all these threatening ( but meaningless) letters.

• 3 months later...

OK, sorry for the delay on this - but have been waiting to see how it develops.

Since the email arrived from Roxburghe I have indeed heard from Michael Sobell at Graham White Solicitors. He wasted postage costs by kindly sending me 2 letters around 1 month after the Roxburghe letter and then another around 3 weeks after that. The first was Notice Of Intended Legal Action (where costs went up to over £200) and the second was a Final Warning. That was 3 months ago. And since then, nothing.

I do hope that these people begin to waste more money on postage, signs and staff than they receive. Only by spreading the word can that happen. I also hope that Michael's client (the owner of the land in question here in the Manchester area) is reading this although I suspect he has as little ethics as Michael does.

These guys are bullies using legal wording and official letters to make money from a largely innocent driving public. The quicker we collectively stop paying these PCN's, the quicker that they will have to earn a decent days salary like the most of us. Although I guess that they will undoubtedly find new ways to con us like Debt Management, door stop lending, benefitting from the poor and needy etc etc). Good luck though Michael et al and sleep tight, you kcufwits.

All my love you to$$3r

fightback2010

• 2 months later...