sadweelass

Appeal Meeting After Disciplinary Tomorrow !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3700 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an appeal meeting tomorrow after a dismissal ( unfairly !) I feel that this is a no hoper as the person taking the appeal is less senior that one of the owners who took the original meeting. How can he reasonably ( even if he wanted to) come to any other decision than to uphold the decision. If he goes against the family - where does that leave his role ???

I was part of the management team and i know that they were desperate to reduce costs and I feel that i have been treated unfairly as gettting rid of me was a quick cost saving. I did make a mistake which i admitted but after 14 months of working 6 days a week for almost a year with an unblemished record, i feel they have been really harsh, i feel its that my face doesnt fit. I think they had other options open to them but they just werent interested. There have been conduct issues with another member of management but this was swept under the carpet ( family friend)

They have sent me the minutes of my hearing - which i dont believe are a true reflection of the meeting as parts i feel were important arent in there and there are some parts that just werent how they have been reported. I want to ask for the minutes to be accurate but not sure if i can do that.

I had felt for weeks that i was being undermined and that one of the owners was grooming a less senior member of staff for my role. I am a grown woman with 22 years flawless work record and to have this on my record ( gross misconduct) will blight my career to say its upsetting me is an understatement. I am devestated, no one from HR called me at all in the 2 weeks that i was suspended to ask if i was okay.

I know that going back there would be impossible but i guess i am just looking for some guidance or thoughts on the following ( sorry for the long winded rant - had to get it off my chest.) I have a funny feeling that they wont pay me properly or at all at the end of this month.

a) can a less senior member of staff take the appeal

b) what can happen if i take this to a ET - will employers see that as a further blight on my character.

c) Can i ask them for a breakdown of what am being paid for ?

d) Do i need to disclose this up front when I go for an interview or only when i am asked.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hello there and welcome to CAG. I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through.

I don't claim to be the ET or disciplinary expert here, but we have some who will be along later, I expect.

While you're waiting, have you read the ACAS and/or directgov websites? Both have a lot on disc procedures and ACAS have a confidential helpline you can ring if you want to speak to someone.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

i have spoken to ACAS - to be honest i didnt find the lady very helpful, i have looked and it says wherever possible the person conducting the appeal should be more senior, i honestly feel that it is all being manufactured to make it as difficult for me as possible. The first meeting was held in a public area where people could see me and a staff member walked in .... i know i am up against it as no one will speak out against the owners and to be honest i understand how they feel, many are young and it can be an intimidating place. Dont suppose an ET can take my feelings and perceptions into account !

Hello again. Sorry about ACAS, the people answering the phone can vary and it could be worth phoning again.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

[a] Yes,depending on the size and resourses of the employer in question.

Yes it will be a `Blight`but only if they find out.[this answer is based from personnal experiance]

[c] Yes you can certainly ask for a breakdown.

[d]I do not understand this queston ...Disclose what?

In answer to your other questions as regards the minutes of interview not being accurate, I suggest you take a letter to your appeal hearing ,and in this letter you write down everything that you want recorded and considered by your ex employers as part of your dismissal process.[including the things that were said but not recorded at the interview/s in question]

In this letter you can also include anything further that you would like to add and recorded,that way the ball is in their court.

You dont tell us when you were dismissed ? because,from the date of your dismissal, you have 3 months to lodge a complaint to the employment tribunal.

Good luck.

Edited by madari

I have an appeal meeting tomorrow after a dismissal ( unfairly !) I feel that this is a no hoper as the person taking the appeal is less senior that one of the owners who took the original meeting. How can he reasonably ( even if he wanted to) come to any other decision than to uphold the decision. If he goes against the family - where does that leave his role ???

I was part of the management team and i know that they were desperate to reduce costs and I feel that i have been treated unfairly as gettting rid of me was a quick cost saving. I did make a mistake which i admitted but after 14 months of working 6 days a week for almost a year with an unblemished record, i feel they have been really harsh, i feel its that my face doesnt fit. I think they had other options open to them but they just werent interested. There have been conduct issues with another member of management but this was swept under the carpet ( family friend)

They have sent me the minutes of my hearing - which i dont believe are a true reflection of the meeting as parts i feel were important arent in there and there are some parts that just werent how they have been reported. I want to ask for the minutes to be accurate but not sure if i can do that.

I had felt for weeks that i was being undermined and that one of the owners was grooming a less senior member of staff for my role. I am a grown woman with 22 years flawless work record and to have this on my record ( gross misconduct) will blight my career to say its upsetting me is an understatement. I am devestated, no one from HR called me at all in the 2 weeks that i was suspended to ask if i was okay.

I know that going back there would be impossible but i guess i am just looking for some guidance or thoughts on the following ( sorry for the long winded rant - had to get it off my chest.) I have a funny feeling that they wont pay me properly or at all at the end of this month.

a) can a less senior member of staff take the appeal

b) what can happen if i take this to a ET - will employers see that as a further blight on my character.

c) Can i ask them for a breakdown of what am being paid for ?

d) Do i need to disclose this up front when I go for an interview or only when i am asked.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

(a) was the award grossly disproportionate?

(b) is dismissal justified and reasonable in your case?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.