Allocated Parking ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone figure this one out

We live in conversion in Glasgow, and are the last of the original owners.There are eight flats but only six parking spaces. We are trying to figure out who does not have a parking space as over the years the issue has become confused

Our title deeds and that of two of our neighbours are quite specific - ie "being parking space marked No 3 range of parking spaces located on the ground to rear of said dwelling house" etc.The other two deads which we have managed to obtain just say that the have an allocated (but not numbered )parking space. A solicitor has told one of the new owners that over the passing of time it may be that there have been "errors" in the title and that all eight deads may indicate that they are allocated spaces----Which I find confusing when our deads are specific ( written in 1984) So firstly can we re claim our parking space? And what if we wish to sell?

Also the original planning deads in Glssgow show six specific places.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would guess that if your deed names a specific space, and that space is not named in any of the other deeds, that it is yours, there cannot be any claim on your space. It is not your problem if that leaves 7 people squabbling over the other 5 spaces.

The information you have is very much "may", you don't actually know that there is an error, as you don't have all 8 deeds. If you were to sell, then you could say that all 8 flats seem to feel they have the right to park there, but that your space is yours in the deeds, and that no one else has ever laid claim to it (which I assume they have not?).

Thanks for your response. No there have been no "claims" over my space, but there is a section of new owners who seem to be demanding their rights as they have been advised by the previous owners rather than the facts of the deads.

but there is a section of new owners who seem to be demanding their rights as they have been advised by the previous owners rather than the facts of the deads.

Then that is information their solicitor should have established at the time they were purchasing the property. We pay solicitors enough at the time we move house and it does seem rather important that part of their responsibility should be to make sure we are buying what we think we are buying and not just rely on the previous owner's "hearsay" comments.

being parking space marked No 3 range of parking spaces located on the ground to rear of said dwelling house

I don't understand the issue. Is there a space marked number 3 for you?

The issue is that the two people who do not have a space are parking in the car park.This means that if you are one of last in you cannot get the doors fully open to get out ( size 10 and I have to breath in - husband has no chance !) also if you have passengers/shopping etc on front seat you have to stop and get everying out and then try and park. Basically the car park is too small. It now transpires that there are six spaces marked on the original plans and six of the owners have on their deads that they have ownership of number X. The two other owners have -- "they have exclusive use of a parking space" However there is no indication of any extra room/space/visitors space etc. So we are now think that there is a error in the deads .

only for those that don't have a space on the plans. makes you wonder about why the deeds for the two odds one were drawn up like that. a term like that adds value to the property and if the term is false....

That is what we are thinking. The solicitor of the lady next door who only bought 3 years ago has said that it is not looking hopeful ! She is 75 and does not have the time, energy or money to take this further :mad: