Old tenants debt problems.

121o121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

My partner and I moved into a property June last year. We rent privately through a letting agency. The previous tenant left just before we moved in, leaving a lot of debt in her name at the property.

We had been given the same landline number as she had and we constantly got calls from Cap1, Barclaycard, American Express etc. They have stopped now as they know she no longer lives there. But we keep getting debt letters from them. I know her forwarding address so I put it on the envelope and pop it back in the post box.

But Saturday morning my partner got a call on her private mobile phone asking for the debtor. I later had a missed call from the same company. The company is RMA / NCO Europe. They are obviously collecting for someone, but how on earth would they have got our mobile numbers? When my partner asked them, they wouldn't say (data protection).

I have called them back and am waiting for someone to contact me as their systems are down at present.

I'm not worried about it, just really annoyed how they could get our numbers?

Any advice on how to deal with them, and how I can get our numbers disassociated with the debtor?

Thanks

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Thank you both for your replies.

Someone has just called me back. Looking at the other threads about them, I expected it to be hard work.

Told them we took over the tenancy a year ago just after she left. I was put through to another department. Explained the situation. They asked for her address, I gave it to them after I told they to take our details off their system.

I got the name of the guy I spoke to.

Will see what happens.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Wouldn't have done their job for them to be honest, if they don't have a forwarding address for the previous occupier then tough cheddar.

And if they continued to harass you after they have been told your not the previous tenant then their are plenty of avenues you could go down in order to have them suitably chastised.

Even now three years after I moved in here, I still get letters for the previous tenant, the latest being Intrum, who I have been happily string along for the last couple of weeks.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo

If I was living on my own i wouldn't have bothererd. But my other half doesn't understand law and thinks a bailiff could be on his way.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 1 month later...

Received letter back from American Express today.

I will learn how to photobucket it tomorrow for you to see.

They have upheld my complaint. Removed us from their records and proposed a goodwill full and final settlement of £30. Offered without them admitting liabilty.

Liability for what? What are they scared I'll do?

Any suggestions.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here