HELP - Judgement against me on PPN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've made a big error, i received a couple of 'parking notices' from our friends at OPC, made the usual 'go forth' response and ignored the rest of their communications. They then put in an MCOL which I very stupidly completely overlooked, i dont remember seeing it but i guess that is no defence, and have just now received a notification from the courts 'Judgement for Claimant (in default)'.

Is there anything i can do now, or is it too late?

Edited by BillyS

You can ask for judgement to be set aside.

Your defence would be; what evidence do they have to say you had a contract with them, i.e. the driver?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Apply to have the judgement set aside first, then worry about the defence (although there are plenty of examples to be found using the forum search function).

If you don't remember seeing the court papers, it's possible that they were never sent - it's not the first time that this has happened with OPC (see here for example).

Overlooking the MCOL form may prove to be a hurdle.

In what way is it a hurdle Lamma, something I should be looking out for or just a passing comment ?

you need a good reason to get a judgement overturned, even an OPC one. If you never got the papers thats one thing but if you did then what reasons can you give. 'I forgot about it' may not be good enough. . . . . . .