• Tweets

• Hi all,  just wondering if i could get some help. me and my ex wife decided to get a loan back in 2017....i was continuing paying it but she didn't even though she promised me she would pay it as i agreed to it... and we split up in 2018, i was sectioned under mental health due to her behaviour.  short story... i came out 6 months later and she did not pay anything, my inbox was full, my phone with voicemails. i was not expecting this..... this loan was for £2000,    i tried to call her obviously she changed her phone number and email address, 2020 still not heard anything from her.... sent her letters she choose to ignore it.....   so i thought i come on here.... see you can make a complaint about responsible lending credit search.... behold just got a reply from progressive money....   i've also complained to amigo loans.... that is again she didn't pay anything... checked credit karma £11,876 on £7000 loans... hopefully something comes out of this....  - Summary Resolution Letter .pdf
    • Sorry it was 1250l before shielding he 
    • Is the 1250BR his code from before shielding?   Before shielding, the tax code would have been 1250 as this is the personal amount allowed to earn before tax. It should then have been followed by a single letter. The BR at the end means it is an emergency tax code, and that you receive no PFA, this is usual if you have more than one source of income.  This code means that all the earnings from this income will be taxed.   The 605T code is a temporary code, and shows that your tax is still being reviewed.   The changes in codes is due to the change in circumstances, firstly he was in work, then claiming UC while shielding (unpaid I assume), and then going back to work again.   They should sort themselves out, but you can always sign up to HMRC and keep an eye on the codes yourselves, and query anything with them as well.
    • Do as above, and we can find out if it's an enforceable agreement, often it isn't from Lowell.   But from another point of view, as long as they have your current address, why pay them if you only have £30 at the end of each month? It's not visible on your credit file, so won't affect your credit score in any way. This is in no way a priority debt.    
    • PwC has secured a deal that will save 1,800 UK jobs and a further 3,600 globally at Travelex, following an appointment as administrators View the full article
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Frankie001

Used car, sale of goods act - Help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3697 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, need some advice. I'll try to keep it short. Basically we bought a second hand car from a dealer, which has broken down after 5 days. The roadside repair bloke couldn't, and it's being towed to a garage.

Now, the receipt from the dealer says 'sold as seen' but if I've got it right that doesn't count as it wasn't a private sale? I don't want a big fight with them, but I'm fed up with being the nice one and being taken for a ride ('scuse the pun!) Can someone please point me in the right direction to the definitive answer on the sale of goods act and used cars.

Many thanks

Sold as seen means nothing.

used cars - consumer rights - Trading Standards Institute

How much did you pay for the car? What is up with the car?

I would guess that a car is expected to last for more than 5 days anyway :) so I would guess the Sale of Goods Act is likely to apply - so your first port of call would be the dealer, asking him to collect the car and fix it.

All sorted, thanks for the quick reply. The link helped me sound more knowledgable on the phone which seemed to do the trick. :)