Thomson Prepaid travel card

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Going to Greece next sunday. we have purchased 2 thomson prepaid mastercards.

Since purchasing we have been informed that these cannot be used in Greece, can anyone advice me please.

Roz

I got the info I needed by telephoning thomson head office.

Apparently they advise stores not to sell the cards to people travelling to greece. The member of staff who sold us the card knew were going and yet still sold us the card. I am furious, if it hadn't been mentioned to us we would have been stuck in greece with no money.

Roz

• 1 month later...

I purchased a Thomson money card and not only did our assistant forget to tell us we could not use our card at our hotel , she even forgot to activate the card which i did not find out until on holiday. We were without money for three day's not going anywhere but sit ting by the pool waiting for phone call's from head office after numerous pin numbers and seven phone calls we at last got our money. They say it is the safest and securest way for your money, so safe i could not get my own money out. We went away to relax and unwind but that card gave us plenty of worry. When we returned home we complained to thomsons and they offered us £50 .What a joke seeing it was no fault on our part.