SOD'EM

I had to laugh at this letter.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3691 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is a letter that was sent in and printed in today's emetro paper.

Instead of increasing the retirement age of men from 65 to 66,

Why not increase the age of women from 60 to 65? Women

have a longer life expectancy so they claim state pension for

longer after contributing less (in an average case). Isn't it funny

that none of the femenists are out shouting about this gross

inequality when, in this case, equality would be to their detriment.

Paul Walkden, Lancs.

I'm not telling you what I think of it personally:cool:.:D

millietant.jpg:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Contributing less? Cheeky beggar. :mad:

Having said that, I actually kind of agree with the concept, I have never understood why there is a gap between the ages and what is the reasoning behind it.

However, I don't see what feminists have to do with it. I don't see the NUT saying "oh, teachers get more holidays than miners, that's not fair, let's lower the amount of holidays teachers get so that they're more in line with the rest of the workers".

Surely people should be fighting the inequality so that men's retirement age gets lowered to the same level as women's, not the other way round?? :-?

I have shown the letter to my father who basically said that women should be able to retire earlier because it is them that have had to go through childbirth blah blah blah:confused:.

:)

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I saw in the Metro replies today that the guy is out of date anyways as retirement age for women has already been put up to 65 (which is what I thought, but could't find confirmation).