Going to the u.s.in the next two years????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you are or even thinking about it - here's a tip to save a little dosh.

the new "esta" which you must have to enter or even pass through the good old u.s.a and which you get on line and is currently free is going to cost $10 per person starting probably in september or october. according to martyn lewis' newsletter, they are good for two years - so even if you aren't sure you might be going - best to get one before they start charging for them. just put esta in your search engine to find out about them.

and another thing while i'm here...

student loans which are supposed to be at or below the rate of inflation.

i understand that they will be charging 4% starting in september.

not a lot of people know that.

better to be forewarned

out of interest

ime thinking of a trip to san francisco (alcatraz)

now what are the requirements of entering the usa, do i need a visa etc

its just i dont want to be sent on the next plane home due to a technicality

Well I Got That But What Offences Are Covered Under That Phrase

Moral Turpitude

I Know Its Common Decency But For My Own Knowledge Base, A List Of Crimes Under That Heading Would Help

bb, why?

my understanding is that uk citizens don't need a visa

only need the esta form filled out.

i think moral turps has to do with leaving the sheep alone - we'll have to check that out with freakyleaky;)

It still makes it imposible to visit the US as I cannot afford the criminal amounts of money the US embassy want. I also cannot afford travel and supervision to London to attend the stupendous and utterly unrealistic confines of said interview! Even booking an appointment costs £1 per minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UK goverment has seen fit, in their ultimate stoopidity, to supply a comprehensive database to the US. Totally without a recipricol agreement!!!

just for info - if you look at the site and wonder if your passport is ok to use (electronically whatever)... on the page with the photo and the info - if your your name is like with loads of XXXXXXXXXXXXX's then it is ok.

so sorry bb that my country has taken such a weird stand. guess you'll never get to vegas! oh well, there are lots of other places to see!

take care!

• 1 month later...

just a follow up - it's official - you need to have this ESTA form filled out to enter the usa. it is free until september and once you have it, it is good for two years.

so if you might be going in the next two years - save £9 by getting it free on line - takes about 5 minutes. you don't need to fill in any travel plans.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c73671C4E-F983-91EF-BAE6-0D7D1F4EB57E_k91751F86-B776-6420-B9D3-D19CDFC92357

my daughter and family in Callafornia as we speak. They have gone with the brass band they are in. The band played at Dysneyland the other day. They are having a fantastic time been Whale watching and allsorts. I miss them though I will be glad when they are home