• Tweets

• Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Well the fact that he is doing this suggests that he has a certain awareness of his responsibility – but I really don't know what to advise. We know what your rights are – which is that he should give you a full refund. On the other hand, maybe this is the best you are going to get without court action. As he is prepared to make this gesture, maybe he is prepared to listen to reason and give you your money back – or most of it. Maybe you could offer him a deal that he takes the car back and returns thousand pounds to you – you might then eventually settle for £800 or £900 – which of course leaves you out of pocket but at least you would have escaped the problem. Given the risk of the problem of enforcement, maybe that could be a way to go. It's so difficult to know what to make of it. Maybe he feels vulnerable to the risk of a legal action against him. Maybe he doesn't understand the procedure and you could tell him that you will send the bailiffs to his home if he pushes it that way – but on the other hand maybe that will simply get his backup and you will lose the tiny shred of goodwill. I'm sorry, I still don't know what to say. I think we've explained the law to you and we try to outline the risks – but I think it's time now that you need to make your own decisions based on your own judgement. I don't envy you  
    • Hi guys, I'm not sure what happened to my last post about a court date, but I received the letter of small claims, where it stated the claimant has 28 days to pay the court fees, and after which each party has 14 days to send all of the parties copies of any documents they wish to rely on   Last week I received another form from the courts, remote hearing 13th October. So I have a few days to submit my documents. However the new letter is unclear as to whether this is now 48 hours or still 14 days. i will call the courts to give my number as adbvised in the letter   ive attached the letter with personal details removed each party liaise with each other to share their bundle?   Are there any examples of a defence bundle? ive found this case on here whiich seems similar   im presuming my bundle should include my defence documents, in the above link DX100Uk refers to a statement, anything else as it states at the hearing they may not have access to the court file?   My next  steps were: - call court to give telephone - wait to see if the court fee has been paid - is there a way to do this, just call the courts? deadline would have passed by now? - prepare bundle, not 100% sure of this but will start to compile what i have - await the other party bundle - hearing date    
    • (Moved to the Private Land Parking Enforcement forum).   The fact you're in Scotland definitely helps.  In England due to the POFA 2012 they can, under certain circumstances, peruse the keeper of the vehicle.  In Scotland they can only go after the driver - and they don't know who that is! 
    • Hi all,   I just wanted to give you an update and ask for further advice.   The car has been taken to a local garage today and we have been sent a video (just a close up of the engine with the broken pipe) of the suspected issue which they have said is an air flow pipe which has broken. He said it wasn’t broken when the car was sold to us and so he will buy the part & we pay for the labour.   We really feel that he should pay for this entirely, I also don’t want to set a precedent by paying for the labour if things deteriorate further with this car.  He also hasn’t stated how much the labour is, something we will ask when we respond to his message.   How do you think we should proceed?  I don’t want to take the wrong approach now.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Capquest Stautory Demand

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3260 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In early 2009, i had some financial difficulties and due to this missed some payments on my next account, throughout the next few weeks i was bombarded with threatening letters and phone calls from them and then Geoffrey Parker Bourne, so decided to CCA them.

I heard nothing back from them until...

Jan 2010 when i receive a letter stating the account is being prepared for sale to an external DCA.

this is where it gets naughty...

• Feb 2010 i receive a letter from Next stating the Debt has been sold to Capquest (no default notice has been received). The same day Daughter receives a letter from Capquest (addressed to me, but at her address).
  • March my Daughter received a letter from HL Legal. Addressed to me, but at my daughters house - i have no connection whatsoever with that address and never have (apart from my Daughter living there).
  • 10 days later CQ send an LBA - to my Daughters.
  • April CQ send threatogram - to my Daughters.
  • May she receives two more threatograms from Capquest.

Now my Daughter has been away for a while so i did not know of these other threatograms until her return, she gave me the other letters (19th June), on 26th June she calls to say CQ have sent a Statutory demand (dated the 23rd June, received 26th June 1st class mail).

Now to me it seems Capquest are trying to get the SD by default. They are totally out of order writing to other addresses especially as i have never had any connection to that address..

Any suggestions or help would be very welcome...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did they get your daughters address from ? Has your daughter ever ordered or had delivered to her address items from the catalogue ?

You have to follow the process for getting the Statutory Demand set aside. See the easy to follow guide from the Insolvencyhelpline. Obviously one of the main points is that the SD was not served correctly.

Legal Issues Explained - Statutory Demand

These are the forms you need to complete and take to the court within 21 days of the SD being served.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-4.doc

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-5.doc

I am not expert in this. There are a few people on this site that know how to complete these form and there are many threads which you can pick up useful info from. Some are in the legal issues folder.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the quick reply...

My daughter has never had any credit. She has not long moved to her new address, she's only 20 yrs old.

Also on the back of this i have never received a Default Notice either..

please confirm 1stbclass post

is a court listed on the stat demand

is a person listed on the demand for the creditor who you can contact

well well

this is stat demand number 10 ive delt with this month from crappy quest

ill post up a set asside template ive allready done

this is for another dca called godebt but will give you an idea of whats involved

I will leave you in the safe hands of postggj, who has become a bit of a guru with these SD's. There seems to have been a flood of these in recent months, most of which appear to have been been issued more in hope they will get by default !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou Postggi.

The SD was poster 1st class standard post (prepaid envelope, no post mark). Sd dated 23rd June, Recieved 26th June.

The Court in the SD is about 25 miles from me, so going to check if local Court deals with this.

Your friend - Barry Davies is named on the SD.

Many Thanks for your quick reply and help.

I will leave you in the safe hands of postggj, who has become a bit of a guru with these SD's. There seems to have been a flood of these in recent months, most of which appear to have been been issued more in hope they will get by default !

OK, thankyou for your quick reply and links..

ok

same routine

on monday

tuesday

wednesday

phone crappyquest (the number on the stat demand) and ask to speak to barry davies

DO NOT GIVE THE PHONE MUPPETT ANY PERSONAL DETAILS

(NAME ADDRESS ETC) JUST ASK TO BE PUT THROUGH TO SPEAK TO HIM REF AN SD

they will continue to ask for your details

(HANG UP)

THEN CALL THE FOLLOWING DAY

we have to do this once a day for three days

on monday, phone the court listed on the demand and ask if they handle bankrupcy petitions

ok will get on to that first thing Monday morning..

Thankyou for your help Postggi :)

Edited by SL8R
typo

OK, i have checked with the courts and the Court named on the SD is correct.

I also phoned Capquest (number witheld) and asked to speak to Barry Davies..... unfortunately he was out of the office. :p Will try again tomorrow. Should i be sending a CCA, or filling out set aside forms ?

Many Thanks.

Great....so the debt has been passed around from pillar to post despite GPB not supplying you with a copy of your agreement...!! It should never have got this far, but frequently it does. What you MUST do first is report them to the OFT. As has been said above, I would get this set aside. Please do have a look here and you will find a significant number of threads most of them are Capquest and get this set aside - DCA Legal Successes - The Consumer Forums - You might also find this thread of interest too - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/200443-tactics-dealing-next-directory.html - slightly different as this deals with County Court Judgments as opposed to Insolvency / Bankruptcy route, but still maybe of interest....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

This makes great reading, there are just so many of these at the moment, had I not got one last year I would feel left out:rolleyes:

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks for the Link 42man.

Its amazing how many of these SD's from Capquest are on the forums at the moment.... they must be feeling the recession :D

Called this morning and spoke to a very pushy woman who said Barry Davies was in a meeting and she was authorised to deal with my Stat demand - although i didnt even mention my name, stat demand or give a reference, i just asked to speak to Barry Davies...

Well im keeping a log of times, dates and duration of calls anyway.

well then sl8r

phone for the last time tomorow and ill do the paper work for you

this barry davies realy is a phantom

strange you can never talk to him:-D

one of these days i will call him as a witness,

wonder if he will turn up??

in spirit or in person

answers on a postcard:D

Hi, thanks very much for your help postggj..

Well i called again this morning, and got put through to their Legal Services, unfortunately Barry Davies was not available - but was asked to call back at 10.30 to talk to him :D.

hi sl8r

thats end game now

no further contact with crappyquest

if they phone, put the phone down

over the next few days ill do the set aside forms for you

Many Thanks for all your help postggj...

Will await your update and get on to it straight away.

Again thanks for your help - i think a donation to CAG will be forthcomming ;)

Hi Postggj, wondered if you had managed to have a look at the set aside forms yet :)

Been looking around at the other Capquest SD threads, seems they have been very busy sending them out like junk mail lately....:-(

I have completed 6.4 or the set aside forms, but am not sure what to put in the affidavit in 6.5.

Can anyone offer any input on this as i really need to get this into the Court ASAP now...

Thanks.