• Tweets

• Thank you all for your replies  I am obviuously over thinking things best to continue to ignore  onlymeagain  
    • As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancellable    due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date,   I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law,   I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response,   I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was:   Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension,   this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
jack1966

maths please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3675 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

im utterly useless at maths, yes even with calculator.

my maths question is, if i have traveled 1100 miles and am paid 40p per mile how much in payment should i receive ?

thankyou

huh

you have a calculator on every pc under accessories.....

0.4x1100=£440

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thank you so much,

see, i didn't know you had to put 0.4 i was ending up with an answer of 4400.

im a 80's child where my maths teacher taught us to open our books and pretend we were working if anyone came in, we used to sit and tell jokes and story's instead, well what child would argue with that :wink:.

Well, if the person agreeing your expenses had the same maths teacher you might get away with putting in a claim for £4,400. ;)

I'm praying you don't do a job where basic maths is a necessity - like nursing!

nope, i would never want to be a nurse :D

I want to use excel for conversion of euro into sterling.

In excel if I put a hundred £100 in column ‘A’ and the put the euro rate for the day say for each day say €82 what do I press in the formula bar in excel to get it to calculate to €121.00 in column ‘C’.:?:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Can you give me a bit more information DX what does this symbol mean please. all I am capable of is pressing the autosum for answer......LOL

Edited by Allwood

=SUM((A1)/(B1))

then use the format option to round down the number to two decimal spaces.

Many thanks Sali, I did as you suggested and done some of it but I have to do them indivdually and I want to know how to do a colume.

This is what I have done so far. How do I format the cell under euro to get rid of the zero and stop. ;)

Image2.jpg

Select the column C by clicking literally where it says C in the top column. You will see the whole of column C become highlighted.

Right click in any of the highlighted cells and choose Format Cells... from the sub menu (or something similar - I have no idea what version of Excel you are using).

A new window pops up entitled Format Cells.

Choose Number from the list on the left.

On the right change the number of Decimal places to 2.

Click OK.

All the numbers should change to two decimal places.

There are a number of ways of achieving the same thing. This is just one.

Thanks you Sali for that help. I can now format cells but I still cannot convert 692.00 euros to sterling how can I do that please. and what forumla should I used.

What exchange rate are you going to use, Allwood? I usually convert from £1 to 1.2o, say, euros, which would be a multiplication.

Does that help any?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

HB, I am trying to convert euro to sterling, I have done before but I do not seem to be able to retain the info :confused:

Hi there. I hope the nice NHS people don't mind having this on their thread.

Well, according to the BBC website just now, a euro is worth 83.4 pence. So if you multiply [i think that's right, must have a practice] your number of euros by .834 say, or whatever rate you choose, that will be your £ equivalent.

HB

PS Yes, I shouldn't doubt myself. So 1000 euros is equal to £834.

Edited by honeybee13
PS.

So your formula would be =SUM(A1*B1) or whatever the cell reference is.

There is also a handy site that does this for you and displays the uptodate rate.

Currency Converter - Expedia.co.uk

Thank you Sali. I wish I knew as much as you. I could never get Excel calculations to work.

Do you think it's OK to use this forum? I don't know where else to suggest, tbh.

HB

I'm sure there are many subjects that you know in greater depth than me honeybee.

I tutor sometimes in IT and I have always found this site to be really useful. It's free and well written.

Microsoft Excel 2007 Tutorial?Free & Online

I suspect the moderators do not know where to move this post either. Awwah, we are doing no harm.

Hi Sali, thank you for your kind words. I'll have a look at the site, thank you for drawing it to our attention.

HB

Many thanks Sali and HB for your help, the links Sali have and will be helpful for me.:roll: