Jump to content

unemployed hsbc bank and credit card charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi everyone, i am lucky enough to start work monday following 2 years unemployed and claiming employment support allowance


i am asking the question if i can get any help with bank charges


my bank account has got about 1000 pounds worth of bank charges in the last two years as i could pay my bank back for going overdrawn.


my credit card is similar too


i can not use my account as anything paid in is swallowed up by the huge debt left by the bank charges


with me starting work monday i am going to need my bank account as they wont be able to pay me otherwise.


is there anything i can do to get these charges back and get my account back in some sort of order?


i asked if i could pay them the money back slowly but they wanted 90 per month, and i was only getting 67 pounds per week so couldnt agree to this, they wouldnt accep any less so the charges have gone through the roof.


any help would be fantastic





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Open a new bank account


2. Read up on what's happening start here


3. tell your old bank to take a long walk off a short pier as their charges may still be unlawful.


4. Request the cca on your credit card using CPR 31.16 (Disclosure before proceedings start) Write to the card co stating that you believe that the agreement may not be properly executed and therefore require a "Copy of the Original" to determine if you have a claim for a declaration pursuant to S142 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Unlike s77/78 CCA1974 which allows them to send a "reconstructed copy" as a "True Copy" and omit your signature, so you still don't know if they have a signed agreement, CPR31.16, however, does not)


In my opinion this also sends a clear statement that you will not be fobbed off and if they do not hold the document they are required to say so.


If they do not hold a copy it is unenforceable, you then make a choice, you can state that you have no legal obligation to pay so as a morally responsible person you will pay the amount less the charges or nothing at all.


However, I can not, nor will not, lead you to make one choice over the other, that is personal to you and you alone.


I have no doubt you will get other suggestions :D

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006





We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation


All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.


However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...