Fairfax Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are they connected to Eversheds?

Been having hastle from them lately.

They are chasing bank charges which im refusing to pay & i have reported the matter to all the relevant authorites.

I know the golden rule is to never speak to them on the phone but im more than happy to with this lot.

They seem to be a law unto themselves on the phone & are not for the faint hearted.

Anyone else had dealings with them?

FAIRFAX was formed by a management ''buy out'' of Eversheds most of the the staff are ex Eversheds and they seem to be using all the old tactics just under another name.

I have had dealings with them on a third parties behalf and found them very unprofessional,it seems they don't read letters

as replies usually miss out all the points you put to them and they will it seems never admit to making mistakes.

I found that information given to me was spurious and was totally denied by their ''Client'' the DWP.

I would not phone them as once they get your No. They never stop.

I have reported them to the SRA for misleading information.

Please take care when dealing with them.

Keep copies of all your letter and send RD as they like to deny receipt.

This is personal experience only.

Edited by Brigadier 1JCS
more info.

Nothing that is said seems to register with them.

Their attitude is just "you owe so pay up" regardless of weather you tell them the account is in dispute or anything else.

I had what i thought was a reasonably straight forward chat with them recently only to be told that what i was saying was abusive and they will terminate the call.

I've come across some attitudes amongst DCA's over the years but nothing like this lot before.

Edited by dseea

Guest Cartaphilus

I really wouldn't bother trying to talk with them on the phone. They are like a person who cannot be reasoned with, they only want to hear one thing - when are you going to pay.

Then, if you don't say the 'magic' words and the beans make 'five' they rant at you, becoming for want of a better analogy the proverbial 'Jekyl and Hydes' that you really, seriously don't want to know, live next door to or be sat on that bus or car seat next door to for the long journey ahead. Which they will also deny later on BTW if you ask them for 'proof' of how they behaved towards you.

Conduct everything in writing, it's safer, cheaper and also what you cannot prove occured via a telephone call you can with a physical copy of a letter.

As to 'registering with them'. No, it won't. You are talking to the equivalent of a pit bull.

it seems they don't read letters
They probably can't unless you write in feltip or crayons in 5 inch high letters. :D That and include either dot to dot or some kind of pictorial image so it gets the message across. ;)

Appalling isn't it they are ''Solicitors'' but they seem to take any notice of the law.

I told them an overpayment was statute barred and the denied it ansd actully said that cannot happen on a government debt which is WRONG.

ARROGANCE IS THE ONLY ATTITUDE they know.

PS watch out for their income/expenditure ploy which they will insist is essential for them to deal with you,only a court can order this.

Guest Cartaphilus

I was meaning to add that in somewhere to my post. About them being 'solicitors' ... I mean, you do at least expect solicitors to at least be able to read? Let alone have a basic understanding of the law as you say (shrugs shoulder in irony).

Guest Cartaphilus
to be written by an office junior editing template and badly at that.

Yes, astonishingly, despite the other 'problems' they apparently convey they can still manage to hit that photocopying button or how to use the computer to send the same letter over and over again. Takes some doing that. ;):p

Well i've never come across such an unprofessional & juvinile bunch like this lot are.

I have reported them to just about anyone & everyone so we'll see if anything comes of that.

In the meantime a great big warning needs to go out right across these types of forums to warn everyone just what they are like.

I can give as good as i get & can handle them no problem.

But alot of vunerable folk out there would be petrified by them.

Thats what i have been doing with them & was accused of being abusive :eek:

Like what was said above, anything that is nothing to do with how much you are gonna pay there & then is classed as abuse in their eyes :confused:

Please DO telephone them but ONLY after you have downloaded 'free' Skype & free Pamela to enable your recording of their statements. In the Meantime can you PM me the names of th individuals you have dealt with & I'll check them out