Legal Advice on Car Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I normally do some searchs around forums before posts, but it seems that I can relate my problem to any other posts I have seen. Also hope ive posted this in the correct forum.

Background:

Bought a used car from a dealer in Preston. Traded in my car for £5870 and deposited £300 on a £8870 Car. so I was going to finance £2700 through santander. After alot of problems im not going into, they didnt deliver on there end of the deal, so I called up Santander and asked if a Finance aggreement had been taken agaisnt me which had not. So I sent recorded letters to inform bank and dealer im not agreeing or going to accept any finance agreement, due to failure of dealer etc.

Ok, so after around 3 months sending letters, and phone calls to Bank, Dealer and Trading standards. Ive been told by trading standards to return the car to the dealer, and take them to court. Which is what I dont want to do as I need the car, and I like the car :(.

So that is my position I am now.

Car needs taxing in 1 month. I have registerd it in my name so that I dont show the dealer ive accepted the car. So all I want to know is, if the dealer can come back to me in 6 months and demand the car back or the payment if I register and Tax it?

Details on Finance: All I was shown was the pre contract details and never signed anything. HPI checked car again, and didnt have any HPI on it. I havnt received any letters at all from bank or dealer. If anyone can share a shed of light on the situation I would be very gratefull

As I said all the Trading Standards have said is to take the car back and take them to court. I would be claiming for £6170 which is £1170 over what I can claim for "free" not lawyer charge, so I will lose that ££. If i try go with lawyer if I lose I will be in deep financial S***

SO basically all I want to know is, do I need to pay this ? Because after all this hassle, I just want to settle it, and best way would be to keep the car, and forget about the finance, and accept the money I have losted.

Thanks for reading ! Any advice would be great, and I have lived and learned ;) Wont be doing anything like this again!

Edited by Stuart90

It happend to me with Carplan. I didn't sign the agreement but they wanted me to pay. So simply one call to FOS and they will sort this for you . they will give you a case no and will contact you dealer. Trading standard won't do any thing. FOS the way forward

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

i realy do need to know what sort of problems to addvise

did you sign an agreement

Thanks for reply's

I signed to buy the car when I put my deposit down. And i was going to pay the finance till they failed to delivery on there end of the agreement. Note: I only got PRE-Contract information after I recived the car. So all i want to know is, what would any of you suggest I do?

Thanks again

Hi, Stuart.

I'm going to move your thread, hopefully to a Forum where you'll get more help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert