What to do with Robinson Way!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I hope you can help.

Robinson Way have filed a default against what was originally a Next Directory Debt. This debt is satisfied and has been for some time.

I do not ever recollect having received a default notice. Nether Robinson Way or Next hold a CCA for this account. Therefore could I not challenge their rights to hold and distribute the information?

Several unhelpful responses were banded about by them back in 2009 one of which is shown below.

LondonScot.jpg

Incendently the cra's show it as london scottish but the responses have come from the lovely robinson way.

Can I file in court to force them to stop disseminating my data without permission - and how do I go about it - or is it not that simple?

sorry what are you trying to do?

get a recent default removed?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is it a default or an 8 on the cra file?

how long after your last fin in/out was the default put on and by whom?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Robinson Way are the hired hounds section of London Scottish, they're all in the same 'group'

They were until the management buy out - are they still related?

I thought the bank bit went t*ts up?

Its definately listed as a default. I'm not sure who put it there - I can only assume it was London Scottish? Thats what it is listed as.

Sorry I am just reading that letter again - which states that the default was 2005 and the payment was 2007. Still i'd rather not wait another 16 months for it to drop off - esp as I dont like people holding on to my data when they do not have permission to do so.

They were until the management buy out - are they still related?

I thought the bank bit went t*ts up?

Methinks they went into admin in Dec 08, the letter above was Jan 09, most likely old paperwork....although I have a letter here dated later than that from RW that has the same company details at the bottom...I also have a later letter quoting them as changing name...I didn't notice much of a difference in the name change though...but it was at the latter part of 2009.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Its definately listed as a default. I'm not sure who put it there - I can only assume it was London Scottish? Thats what it is listed as.

Sorry I am just reading that letter again - which states that the default was 2005 and the payment was 2007. Still i'd rather not wait another 16 months for it to drop off - esp as I dont like people holding on to my data when they do not have permission to do so.

well unless i'm missing something

its there for 6yrs as you've surmissed

cant see what you can do about it

it was legit at that time most prob.

which cra is this from?

dx

and they

Its from Experian.

You're not missing anything - its just that no one has a copy of a CCA - so how do they think they have permission to file defaults against me etc?

Or am I completely off track in saying that?

I am just contemplating. I do not recollect having received a Default or a notice of assignment from Next or London Scottish. If I SAR them both to ask for all information held then that could show a flaw in their data? Pondering. Equally maybe it will show they "sent" me all that I should have had - only mysteriously I never received any of it?

pers i'll be honest

you're flogging a dead horse.

the FOS and the OFT are down on record as saying that cra files can be updated regardless of any dispute over 'an agreement' as long as a credit relationship exists or existed at that time.

bit like the 'is it an application or an agreement' arguement.

as long as no-one has updated the file after 3-6mts since YOUR last financial in/out i can't see anyway of removing it.

as for the SAR might/might not give you the letter, again, they are not 'obliged' to hold a copy of any computer generated automatic letters, just ref to one was sent, or would of been sent in the natural course of a credit relationship.

thats my take anyhow.

hth

dx

and they