davidoneman

Debt now left partner

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3690 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi my sister has just split from her partner , she has been very silly and got alot of debt in her name , now she is living back at home with family with a child, she doesnt work what is the best way to go about it, she has credit card debt , a loan and they had a house which was sold and left with around £25'000 of debt for that.

Moved to debt Collection forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Whose name are the debts in? If they're jointly held then they're both jointly responsible, however most DCA's will target the party that either offers to pay or is in a better position to pay...as in the easy route to their (dca) spoils.

What are the debts?

Who are they with ?

Who is attempting to collect them?

Is the house/mortgage still being paid or has it been repossessed etc?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Hi house has been repossessed and theres a short fall , she has a loan and credit cards in her name .

What are the sum total of her own debts?

It would be helpful if you could answer the previous questions?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Sounds like this could be a case BK but the poster needs to be more specific on her answers.

I think it would be the easiest route to seperate and sort each card/loan etc. and for your sister to then answer the above questions seperately for each account, as they may all be with different DCAs/OCs/etc.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

cheers ile find out all info and post back