congestion charge order for recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received 2 orders for recoveries £185 each which include the court registration fee. The alleged offences took place in July 2009 but I have not previously received any notices. What do I do?

I know that I was not the driver but I am the registered keeper of the car so what do I do?

thanks for the help in advance!

Do you know who was driving? Would you be happy for them to be responsible for these payments?

I'm not quite clear - sorry if I'm being dim - but have these orders been granted by a court when you did not have notice of the hearings? Presumably these are from a magistrates' court?

Usually if you have been in the congestion charge area and didn't pay you'll hear within a fortnight and you should have received those notices as the registered keeper. Could they have been sent anywhere else?

If you didn't get the Congestion Charge Penalty Notice or the Summons from the Court about the hearing there must be gremlins somewhere!

Do you know who was driving? Would you be happy for them to be responsible for these payments?

What does it matter who was driving the keeper is liable.

I'm not quite clear - sorry if I'm being dim - but have these orders been granted by a court when you did not have notice of the hearings? Presumably these are from a magistrates' court?

Why would a Magistrate have anything to do with the congestion charge? The order is issued by the TEC at Northampton County Court.

Usually if you have been in the congestion charge area and didn't pay you'll hear within a fortnight and you should have received those notices as the registered keeper. Could they have been sent anywhere else?

If you didn't get the Congestion Charge Penalty Notice or the Summons from the Court about the hearing there must be gremlins somewhere!

You need to go to the TEC website and download and complete statutary declarations for both the Orders to state no PCN was received, you should then get new PCNs and be able to pay or appeal.