New Orange Contract 2 Faulty Handsets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i upgraded my current contract with orange to a further 18mths on Monday a new handset was delivered and on Tuesday the handset was diagnosed with a fault so Wensday came and an exchange via courier took place now today the replacement handset has been diagnosed with a fault and a replacement of the same make and model was offered i refused this due to 2 handsets already failing and asked them for a completly different model they refused i said collect handset and i want to terminate contract before the expiration of 7 days they said i cant do that also in the second breath said i could have a different handset but i am now to send the faulty one to them under my own carriage they reckon that they cant send a courier i feel that they are stalling for time what should i do:confused:

If the phone is still within the 28 days and it is faulty, you can return it and terminate the contract, or choose a different phone. Also they will be in breach of the 7 days distance selling act, if they are refusing to allow you to return the phone! I would call back, and demand a team leader, as they are not allowing you to return it.

Afraid not. There is no 'cooling off' on upgrades. They may offer 7 days to comply with DSR, but as I understand it they do not have to, as your contract was rolling over to a new term. Get it back to them regardless, as the worst they can do is repace or return. The best, process the return and cancel. There's all to play for

You can certainly cancel the upgrade within 7 days using DSR, and if it is faulty then this period is actually 28 days (although this is then to do with SOGA rather than DSR).

I can understand why they are asking you to return the equipment as essentially the route that you would be going down is 'upgrade cancellation' as opposed to 'a fault replacement'. Upon them receiving the equipment back they would then cancel the new contract dates and revert the contract back to the previous state. You simply then initiate a new upgrade to a different handset, one which would be more suitable for you (have a search of the internet prior to choosing as reading reviews from users can give you ideas which handset are great, and which ones suffer from software probs and other annoyances).

As for paying to return the equipment, ask them to provide a jiffy bag, as if returning it because of a fault within 28 days then they are liable for the cost of return. Or if they cannot provide a jiffy bag at least ask them to credit your account with six or seven quid to cover your costs for P&P. Finally, make sure you send it recorded delivery and do not lose the receipt with your tracking code!

Returning the phone as faulty, they pay the carrage. Returning the phone under DSR you pay the carrage. The thing is you want to do both.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

And for clarification, do NOT use Recordrd Delivery. If it goes missing, you have to claim condensation which is £44 max. If the phone is worth more than this (the real value, not what you might not have paid for it) you'd need to fork out the rest yourself. Special Delivery is the ONLY way to do it.