Chalkitup v Egg Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Starting a separate thread for my dealings regarding Egg Credit Card.....

Background is:

2006 - Ran into financial difficulties - started Debt Managment Plan with CCCS - Paid monthly way over what I could really afford as was scared by all the threats etc that I received from creditors / DCAlink3.gif's.

2007 - Found CAGlink31.gif - started CCA requests to a few "difficult" creditors

2007 to Feb 2010 - got some creditors removed from my CCCS dmplink3.gif because they did not comply to CCA requests

Feb 2010 - Big bust up with CCCS (separate thread) as they refused to remove creditors from dmplink3.gif anymore even if they sent nothing in response to CCA request - I went through annual CCCS review and as it happens I did not have enough cash left over each month to pay creditors even £5 each (CCCS told me the minimum they allow) - CCCS stopped my DMP and advised I offer £1 a month to each creditor and see if I can manage on that!!

Now dealing with "lots" of original creditors and DCA's with CAG help.

2006 - received Egg DN .......... followed by termination letter

Paid Egg in DMP till Feb 2010

May 2010 - Direct Legal & Collections phone .... they now have account .... they email / text / phone

No NOA or anything received ...... DLC send letter saying pay full amount (£10,000+) immediately

May 2010 - send CCA request to DLC which they immediately return saying I have to send to Egg not DLC!!! More computer letters from them plus a Notice of Debt Recovery which resembles a court document and hence I will be making a complaint about to the relevent authority.

June 2010 ..... sent them letter pointing out account in dispute as not responded to CCA request and a complaint re them sending back my postal order and CCA request

Today .... had letter back from DLC .... They kindly wrote :lol:.... "We disagree that we have not replied to your correspondence and can only reiterate as per our clients procedures" (Forget the CCA 1974 then!!!) .... and added "To resolve the matter swiftly we have referred your request to our client (Egg) and once we receive a response we will update you". Plonkers ..... Why not just do that in the first place as they are meant to!!!!

I also asked them to remove my telephone numbers from their systems ..... their reply ...... "We currently do not hold any telephone numbers on our system for your account" ....... Awfully clever then how their staff just happen to guess what my BT and mobile numbers are when they phone and text me ..... those would be the same phone callslink3.gif that I have recorded!!!

Perhaps their staff should audition for Britains Got Talent as mind readers.

I will update on receipt of CCA response

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Chalk, my thread on Egg is very similar to your problem. My DCA is CrapQuest but they have said exactly the same things.

Get an update of your credit reference report to check they haven't put a belated DN on or similar.

I had a CCCS DMP at one point too. When I joined it a shed load of creditors auto defaulted me because of the low repayments. So I'm no fan of the CCCS either, although it did help very short term during the initial cash flow crisis.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

• 2 months later...

Update

For the last two weeks been receiving lots of calls on home and mobile phones from Fredrickson International ......... I would not answer security questions so did not know which account they were collecting.

Today received letter from them and surprise ..... they have been given this Egg account to collect!!!

Obviously DLC have given up and Egg have passed account to Fredrickson.

However I have had absolutely no response to my CCA request sent to DLC on 20/05/10 .... but I do have a letter from them saying "To resolve the matter (CCA) swiftly we have referred your request to our client (Egg) and once we receive a response we will update you".

Hence will I be correct in sending a letter to Fredrickson pointing out account in dispute because no CCA response received from DCA / Egg who were dealing with the matter.

Other views invited.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Be aware that their incompetent and embarassing right hand man is the infamous Bryan 'Bloody' Carter, so expect to get his letters shortly, although he is very very easily put back in his box, and if he is still foolish enough to turn up on the scene, you could do quite well out of counter suing the fool for damages.

Complaints all round here methinks, OFT/TS/ & your local MP for starters....lets get this new Govt making some decent changes, unlike Gordon Clown and his corrupt bunch!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello Bazooka Boo ......

Fredricksons gave up on another account of mine that was passed to them whilst in dispute ........ so I will follow your advice now on this account and start some complaints.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Update

For the last two weeks been receiving lots of calls on home and mobile phones from Fredrickson International ......... I would not answer security questions so did not know which account they were collecting.

Today received letter from them and surprise ..... they have been given this Egg account to collect!!!

Obviously DLC have given up and Egg have passed account to Fredrickson.

However I have had absolutely no response to my CCA request sent to DLC on 20/05/10 .... but I do have a letter from them saying "To resolve the matter (CCA) swiftly we have referred your request to our client (Egg) and once we receive a response we will update you".

Hence will I be correct in sending a letter to Fredrickson pointing out account in dispute because no CCA response received from DCA / Egg who were dealing with the matter.

Other views invited.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

hey! chalk! I got a letter from frederickson inter'l yesterday. demanding full o/s. first letetr i've had from a dca since capquest threw the towel in a coupla months back. freddies say they have written "numerous" times chasing me but this was defo their first letter. my account is in dispute and the fos are looking into it so i'm gonna tell freddies's to fox trot oscar.

Mozzone

Chalk, I wrote to Frederickson telling them the account is in dispute and copying them in on my letters to egg about the dispute. I warned freddo's that any attempt to contact me while the account is in dispute is a breach of the OFT guidance 2003 and further that i would report them to the police. cc my letetr to the fos and to egg with a threat-o-gram of my own, making the point that para 2(k) (from memory) of the OFT Guidance 2003 states that a creditor is liable for the unalwful actions of his agents.

Mozzone

ps if you want the CCA you need to write to egg for it. the january 2010 OFT Guidelines state that debtors should be expected to contact the OCs and not DCAs for the their credot agreements. seems the OFT are caving in to pressure from the finance houses and s75 of the CCA 1974 is unclear anyway imho

Mozzone

Be aware that their incompetent and embarassing right hand man is the infamous Bryan 'Bloody' Carter, so expect to get his letters shortly, although he is very very easily put back in his box, and if he is still foolish enough to turn up on the scene, you could do quite well out of counter suing the fool for damages.

Complaints all round here methinks, OFT/TS/ & your local MP for starters....lets get this new Govt making some decent changes, unlike Gordon Clown and his corrupt bunch!

who's brian carter? a law firm?

Mozzone

who's brian carter? a law firm?

Supposedly lol. Usually quite easy to swat away. Lowest of the low and generally banks on winning by default.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

ok, so if this brian carter bloke starts writing to chalk, presumably letters before action threato-grams etc, what response should he give them?

Edited by The Debt Star

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

and what if he doesn't want to see him in court? there must be a way to get this monkey off his back without that stress and grief?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Going to court with BC is not stressful, as when you tell him to put up or shut up, he scurries back under his rock, he only gets CCJ's by default, and even then he will split his claim, taking the fight to him is the only method to use.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello All,

Mozz1 ..... yes I realise that now we write to OC for CCA request BUT I have a letter from DLC dated three days before the first Fredrickson International telephone call to me (hence at that point I had not even received the DLC letter!!) saying they have referred my CCA request to Egg and will be in touch with me when they have a response PLUS they have my £1 Postal Order!!!!!! So I am blowed if I am going to pay again or start sending a new CCA request.

Today I have received a letter from Fredrickson International and it is headed LETTER BEFORE ACTION therefore according to another CAG thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?173201-why-you-shouldnt-use-section-77-78-CCA-1974-if-you-want-the-signed-agreement/page39 post 2320) they have shot themselves in the foot because that heading means exactly what it says so I will write a letter to them along the lines of the one mentioned in other thread by diddydicky re no correspondence unless service of papers. I will also explain that account in dispute regarding no response to CCA request of course.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• 3 weeks later...

Update ....

I sent letter to Fredrickson International explaining account in dispute with Egg as they have not responded to my CCA request. Also added that as Fredrickson International have now sent me a letter headed Letter Before Action that this account is now sub judice and I will commence a complaint with OFT if Fred Int contact me for any other reason than service of papers or reply to my current letter.

Their reply is:-

We have closed our file and returned account to client.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

good one Chalk!!! I got a yellow card stating that I am "CONFIRMED RESIDENT." Good of them, eh?

I wonder what the difference has been? I sent the sub-judice letter as well but they don't seem to be reading my letters...

Their reply is:-

We have closed our file and returned account to client.

Thats because they are really French....:yield: Fanny's.

Heads up: fred's have given me the kiss-off now as well! The sub-judice letter on here did the trick.

I think the saying is that FredPricksons are cheese eating surrender monkeys?

indeed, the battle of Britain is far from over!