Payplan F&F

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got approx 10 creditors with Payplan, 50/50 CCC's and DCA's. I'm wanting to sort out F&F's for them now that I can get my hands on a lump sum. My question is, can I rely on Payplan to get me a good deal or would I be better off approaching the creditors directly and negotiating each one seperately? Has anyone got experience of F&F's sorted through Payplan?

Edited by BRIGHTHOPE

Not personally, but just a little advice, if I may, which ever way you approach this, make sure that all are aware that your offer is dependant upon acceptance by ALL creditors, advising that the amount offered is arrived at proportionately.

Start low, 10% of balance.

Also, have you actually CCA'd them all to confirm they are actually enforceable?.

I haven't done that, but I will do. Can anyone link me to an 'idiot's guide' to CCA's. I understand the general principal, i.e. that the agreement is invalid in some way. I've tried searching on here but there are some horrendous threads about it, many of which decend to slanging matches. I just need something simple.

One thread concerning the MBNA suggested that it's a bit like kicking a hornets nest and that it tends to provoke the company into chasing after you. I really don't need that sort of hassle.