Notice of intended civil recovery...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, here is the story

*sigh*

I was in Debenhams and I stole a bottle of fragrance, I was busted by the security, taken upstairs and told that they have seen me on CCTV previously shoplifting in there (this is true, I have done so on about 2 occasions)

Anyway, I signed a banning notice I intend to ignore (even the polive told me most places won't care) I was given an £80 fine by the police, which I paid, and I have no anger about paying, because I did something wrong, and fair is fair. I may only be 18 but I am not a pushover, and if I feel something is wrong I will fight it with all the pens and paper I have (England has the finest complainers in the world, and I am one of them:grin: ). I recieved a letter today saying

Dear Sir

Our client: Debenhams Retail Plc

Amount you owe: £150

You are required to pay the above sum which you owe to

( My grandmother bought me up to use proper English... Should be "to which you owe" :p)

Debenhams Retail Plc as a result of an incedent at its store on 18th June 2010 . This sum is broken down as follows:

Cost of goods stolen or damaged £0.00

Security costs £150.00

Total £150.00

You must make payment within 7 days of the date of this letter to avoid further action

For the sake of time, the rest of the letter is just threats.

Now, I am fighting a fine Southwest trains have given me for using a friends staff pass, during that time I have learned "civil" doesn't mean much.

I have read about Subject access requestlink3.gif requests, I would love to see the footage they have of me spraying a tester in my eye.

But I don't know what to do about this, I don't believe for one second it cost them £150, that is also a rather precise figure. I am worried if I ignore it then cost will rise and they will take me to court, then I would have to pay costs too!

What can I do?!

Guest Cartaphilus

Was under the impression that someone had been Pm'ed by Kiptower and that they would be getting back to you soon when they were here. Then your question might get or be answered.