Welcome finance

misssteel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice appreciated.

I had an unsecured loan with welcome finance which has now been passed over to Lewis Debt recovery.

I have had one or two letters advising that they are able to offer me an incentive to settle my account which basically halves my outstanding debt.

I’ve looked at ways to try and get this together but I am really not in the position to do this for at least 6 months or so.

I’ve asked whether this option will still be available to me a few months down the line but they’ve said it depends on personal circumstances and that every case is different.

I have to call them back later today to sort out a payment plan, they’ve said they can go through my outgoings etc and work out a suitable monthly repayment which I’m hoping will not be too high as what I would ideally like to do it pay off as much of my other debt to be able to contact them 6 months down the line and maybe offer them to discounted amount if still available.

Does anyone have any experience of welcome finance or Lewis debt recovery or even the discounted debt they are able to offer?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no way!!

never give these leechers that kind of info

NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

if they are offering a lower settlement that means that there is something wrong with the agreement.

be it they have fleeced you for PPI

or letter & phone call charges

or its unenforceable

or acceptance fees etc etc

firstly STOP phoning these muppets

demand everything in writing too.

if you have the agreement

can you scan it up after removing pers info

else you need to CCA lewis {who are welcome finance anyhow!]

lastly

do some reading in this forum

you might be suprised what you find out.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When was the loan taken out, how much was it for?, when was the last payment made?

Did Lewis buy the debt or are they simply trying to collect on behalf of Welcome.

The standard debt collection practice is to send you multiple letters, some threatening, some offering settlements etc in the hope of getting a response. If you did not immediately respond this cycle will continue with the same or other DCA's subsequently put on the case.

So not withstanding what they say, this offer will be on the table in the future. If it is not but you subsequently make an offer they will rub their hands and take it. Talk of personal circumstances is largely cobblers.

Now to some basic rules:

1. Never call them. never speak to them. Never accept phone calls from them.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CALL THEM BACK LATER TODAY AND YOU SHOULD NOT DO SO TODAY OR EVER AGAIN.

2. Written comms only.

The reason for 1. and 2. is that you have no proof of what was said but you do have proof of what was written. Also, you can consider your responses at leisure and not be tricked into anything.

3. DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO, DISCUSS INCOMING AND OUTGOINGS WITH THEM. This is a dreadful mistake. They will discover a lot about your personal circumstances that they will use against you. Also, they will try and insist on their debt getting priority in your budget at the expense of everybody else you have to pay.

If you do plan to pay them then work out your own personal circumstances away from the phone and sort out your own priorities. Determine what you can afford to pay them and that is what you offer them. NOTHING ELSE and they have no right to insist on anything other than what you can afford. they also have no right to be privy to your personal circumstances. Only a judge can require that information and you are miles away from that.

You may be able to challenge the debt. Does it have mis-sold PPI. Was it taken out before 2007 and thus possibly unenforceable? Do they have the necessary paperwork to pursue the debt?

First of all thanks Dx100uk and comebackjimmy for your advice, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to things like this, I'm slowly managing to get myself back on track apart from this one!

I initially took out the loan in 2005 and then added to it back in 2006 and changed my repayments in 2008. Looking at my experian report there are enteries for Welcome Finance for 2005 and 2006 which show the loan as being settled apart from the newest one for Feb 2008 which is outstanding.

I havent made a payment since Oct last year, i did take out a DMP but stopped it after 2 months and tried to sort out my own debts

How do I go around finding out about the PPI? I have all my paperwork stored somewhere but am I better off contacting welcome finance and asking for copies of my agreements?

As I have been contacting Lewis recovery with regards to this matter shall i direct all future correspondance direct to Welcome in writing?

I'm just worried about a debt company turning up on my doorstep (even though I don't live there anymore but I am still in touch with people who are)

Do they actually do this? ...or just threaten?

Also I'll go through all my paperwork this evening and get them uploaded.

whats happens if I have been paying for this PPI? will i be intitled to claim this back?

Hi

They do show up on the door but it is very very rare. Consider this; You may not be there so they will have to hang around or come back later, they have to travel quite a long way to find you and they can simply be told to go away and not come back. They would have to think this approach will yield some significant results before they tried it.

What you will find is that they threaten a lot but once you see through their spurious authority they need not be taken so seriously.

Thanks again, I will warn my old housemates just in case.

Other than that I will go through my paperwork and see whether there is a possible PPI claim, would you advise that I contact welcome finance in writing in the meantime?

dca have no legal powers and anyhow

lewis are as dead in the water as welcome are

you really need to pop along to the welcome forum and do some reading.

if you have had loans refinanced into other loans , which you have, typically welcome will fleece for the PPI again, so thus you are paying PPI on PPI and Int on Int.

i would expect you are due back £100's if not +£1k

it would be better to get this moved to the welcome forum too.

hit the warning triangle and ask the site team.

if you can find all those agreements, get them scanned up

because i know there is someone on the welcome forum that would have a field day if it has been rolled 3 times.

might even turn out they owe you, not the otherway around.

sit tight

and dont worry about doorstep callers

DCA's are NOT bailiffs they have NO LEGAL POWERS

all they can do is send threat-o-grams.

i will take a big guess and say that because they are offering a reduced settlement, they know they are on dodgy ground.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey again!

I've just gone through my paperwork and can only find the most recent agreement which has a no in the PPI section, this was 2008 so I'm not sure about the 2 other agreements, can i request copies of these?

Also how do I move this over to the welcome forum...sorry I'm new to this and am totally clueless!!!! am very grateful for your help!!!

you will need to sar them

to get the thread moved

as i said above:

hit the red warning triangle to the left under your username and ask the site team.

dx

and they

yes why not

dx

and they

just to give you some examples

the default notice is invalid [needs to be a specfic date not 14 days from the date of the dn]

and they have not left enough time anyhow.

its either 2 working days for 1st class or 4 working days for 2nd class post then 14 calendar days from that date.

also it was posted on a bank holiday..yea cause it was....

fees.

default sum int fees

unpaid dd fees

letters fees

lots to get them on there

busy back later

dx

and they

Any advice appreciated.

I had an unsecured loan with welcome finance which has now been passed over to Lewis Debt recovery.

I have had one or two letters advising that they are able to offer me an incentive to settle my account which basically halves my outstanding debt.

I’ve looked at ways to try and get this together but I am really not in the position to do this for at least 6 months or so.

I’ve asked whether this option will still be available to me a few months down the line but they’ve said it depends on personal circumstances and that every case is different.

I have to call them back later today to sort out a payment plan, they’ve said they can go through my outgoings etc and work out a suitable monthly repayment which I’m hoping will not be too high as what I would ideally like to do it pay off as much of my other debt to be able to contact them 6 months down the line and maybe offer them to discounted amount if still available.

Does anyone have any experience of welcome finance or Lewis debt recovery or even the discounted debt they are able to offer?

Dont enter into any agreement with them. I was shocked to see the interst they put on a car I had. Fought them in court. Won the case.

May I Ask

Won On What Grounds Ojonjo55

Had Welcome And Won In Court Myself

I was miss-sold all these seperate insurances. Hadn't got a clue how it was done until one of there reps told me in confidence. It was an awful time.Had several ppl ring me for the money but sent them a copy of the court order.Not heard nothing since 2009

yes but there is little you can do if they take more than.

dx

and they

yep

ignore

but just keep us informed of the letters

dx

and they

heh

ruddy fleecers united that lots

lowflife have NO right to know ANY of your financial details

a JUDGE is the ONLY person that can demand that.

ignore the lot.

dx

and they