Jump to content

Enforcing judgement, which option to use on diffuclt ex-ll ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

So the courts have decided in my favour, but now I need to enforce the judgement, and choose an option to get my money back. Mind you my ex-ll is one cheeky guy, he will not let any bailiff in to his house, which means that even if I pay the bailiff fee, and they fail, I will not get my money back and lose the bailiff fee as well?


This seems rather ridiculous. I win the court case, but to get my money back the ex-ll has to willingly let a bailiff in to his house in order to siege goods to sell and get my money back.


My questions, how can I be sure I will get my money back if he isn't willing to do anything? He simply ignores everything, and it seems to pay off, this can't be right.


What method do I use to get my money when enforcing the judgement?


Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated as of now I'm very disappointed with the law, what's the use of going trough the courts when the ex-ll can simply ignore everything, deny bailiffs access and costing me more money than I lost in the deposit?

Edited by StevenT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I've seen that, just wondering which is the fastest way, some stuff in the sticky is also outdated, fees for example. I guess I have to go for a 3rd party debt order and get it from his wages, after doing an order to attend to get the information needed. The costs of both those order will be added to the ex-ll's bill I assume?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing, if I summon him to the courts to disclose his details so I can do a attachment of earnings, can I add those costs and the costs of the 4rd party possession to the total of monies he now owes me already?


- Deposit

- Courts fees

- Order to obtain information

- Attachment of earnings


Because the first 2 are already on the CCJ but the last two aren't, which cost about 150 pounds for the both of them.


Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I've called some solicitors who said they wouldn't help me under the legal aid scheme because the amount is too low (less than 1000 pounds). Which seems rather odd.

Edited by StevenT
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...