style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I awoke last Thursday morning to find that a company of bailiffs had been into my garden and clamped my car! They had done this while we were all sleeping. They had left a notice of removal on my car window stating if I did not pay immediately the sum of £306 they would return at 10am that day to remove my vehicle for auction. Stated also was their client name, which was my local council!

I spent many hours trying to call the bailiffs mobile number after he failed to return at 10am, but was unable to get through. I contacted my local council to see if they could shed any light onto this matter, as I knew I had no outstanding/unpaid issues with them. They were unable to help me and told me I had to take it up with the company in which the bailiff worked. I located their email address from the company web site and asked them basically what on earth was going on?

Throughout this I spoke with my solicitor. I was informed that the bailiff had in fact illigally levied my car. The vehicle in which he clamped was obtained via finance and in the eyes of the law it was the finance company who owned the car and not me. I was also told I was within my rights to remove the clamp myself as long as I did not damage it.

I sent a further email to the baliffs informing them I would remove the clamp myself if they failed to communucate with me that morning. Still nothing from then so I removed the clamp (undamaged) and stored it in my back garden.

Once again I emailed the bailiffs asking them to come and pick up their clamp as I did not want to be responsible for their device. I also contacted my local police station, just in case/if the bailiffs reported me for theft of the clamp. They were very helpful, took all the details and gave me a log number to quote should i need.

As of today I have sent the bailiffs 4 emails and 1 official letter of complaint, and still nothing at all from them. The clamp is still in my garden.

Take a leaf out of their book and charge what you want +VAT if you are registered. They were prepared to screw you so time to get your own back. Amongst the emails you send them try putting an invoice in - ifyou need one look up "Express Invoice" - it's free to use.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the clamp is not claimed by the bailiff then claim it as yours.

If this is the popular "London Triangle" wheelclamp favoured by bailiffs, you can use a lobster rebar cutter (from any HSS Hire shop) to remove it, Cut the 10mm high tensile steel chains wrapped in a towel (they will shatter at high velocity) holding the chain in the lobsters jaw, pull & hold the trigger and it will snap through the chain in about 10-15 seconds when you hear a crunk sound. Never use anglegrinders, they make lots of noise and you get a lightshow of sparks. Cut the top chain and one of the two side chains then pull the clamp away from the wheel.

Hello again, I have today recieved a letter from the bailiffs, who are by the way a company called Marston Group Limited. The letter is only to confirm receipt of my complaint, and states " once we have reached our conclusion we will notify you in writing "...... Im not sure what to make of this actually ?????

I still have the clamp ( the yellow triangle kind) making a rather nice feature now in my garden. Im quite tempted to paint a bit smiley face on it!

The bailiffs came back for their clamp today. I handed over an invoice for storage fees and explained that for the release of the device i only accepted cash! "your having a laugh" said the bailiff in true meat head style. He went on to phone the police who arrived and made me hand over the clamp, without charging them i have to add :(

Oh, that doesn't mean you can't run with this. It is certainly entertaining! Send the invoice regardless and follow up with small claims court action...

Best wishes

Rae.

Bailiff: 'aving a larf?

FP: Not as much as you were pal...

Oh, that doesn't mean you can't run with this. It is certainly entertaining! Send the invoice regardless and follow up with small claims court action...

Best wishes

Rae.

Bailiff: 'aving a larf?

FP: Not as much as you were pal...

Yeah, cost yourself money with no chance of success :rolleyes:

As far as the clamp goes, I hope you haven't forgotten anything :D

Storage Fee

Levy Fee

Administration Charge

Van/Transportation Charge

+ VAT

The bailiff's response suggests that irony is not a concept he's familiar with (or possibly even aware of). And yes, I'd go after them for compensation just for the inconvenience if nothing else.

I still have the clamp ( the yellow triangle kind) making a rather nice feature now in my garden. Im quite tempted to paint a bit smiley face on it!

This guy had other ideas.

P6090005.jpg

when you chasig up the money they owe you for storage and removel fee's remeber that you can charge for letters to plus if they carry on ignoring you and u do go to small claims court apply for court costs to be charged to them and make sure u forwarn them you will be doing this tho might be enough gttin them to pay ;-)

HCE, as I mentioned in another thread, shame on you. That post reads just fine. To try and score [incredibly cheap] points at the expense of a victimised Cagger simply belittles you. I know you are capable of much better things.

Best wishes

Rae

LMM what a question to ask :rolleyes: he posts so much twaddle most times , where do we start :wink:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html