Police let bailiff into my property ***WON - bailiffs certificate removed ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good you've got that sorted

it really depends on the council

with some your keep the same CTAX A/C number

with others it changes year on year.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would check out if your council has a web site, then you can pay it via their electronic link.

I would then write to them telling them what you have done and will be carrying on this way, as you have to enter an e-mail address, you get an instant receipt, but in my letter I'd say that as this is dragging on and you are making it priority. I'd send this via signed for mail and keep a copy for yourself.

i will check it against my bill for this year and see if the number is diffrent all i can do is try and i intend not to pay the bailiffs a penny i am not paying there charges

you could alway go into the council (coz its across form the school)with a letter stating payment of £xxxx made on date by on-line payment is to be allocated to 2004 liability

do this every time you make a payment and get a recipt for the letter

who told you that...

its the council problem then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hiya guys n girls ive had a letter this morning from my mp its a reply letter she got from the council

Miss ******* has already contacted the council in respect of this matter and I have investigated her allegations with regard to the actions by the bailiff. A reply was emailed to her on 28th June 2019. A copy of my letter is attached as is a letter posted yesterday detailing a breakdown of her council tax account (TO WHICH I GOT)

A council tax debt £331.81 was passed to Rossendale’s on the 28th January 2010 since that date £30.00 has been received by the council and we have advised the bailiff of this. I have spoken to there head office this morning and they confirm that £248.50 has been incurred in costs as a result of bailiff actions. I understand that miss ********* has contacted Rossendale’s and is in the process of clarifying when and why costs have been incurred and the validity of these actions. (If they say here charges they added are 248.50 and my council tax bill is only 303.81 why was she demanding 672.99?)

Prior to the account been passed to the bailiff £40.00 costs where incurred for both summons notice and liability order the costs incurred as a result of the bailiff can be broken as follows :

1st visit £24.50 (Understand)

2nd visit £18.00(understand)

Van attendance fee £110.00 (she was driving the van around anyways and to another property the same day it was her means of transport she also took nothing)

Levy fee £35 (invalid levy was made)

Allpay payment fees £1.00 (50p per transaction) (- not a clue what that is ment to be)

Waiting Fee £60.00 (nobody asked her to wait anywhere)

Rossendale’s will be able to provide further details in respect of these charges. The balance that the bailiff was attempting to collect on 21st June was £456.31 I have confirmed this with Rossendale’s this morning. (I don’t understand most of this but she was in my face demanding £336.31 on the date stated so that’s totally different to what they are telling the council)

I am not awear as to why Miss ********* feels that only £42.50 per week should be collected. Arrangements have previously been agreed but none of them are for this amount. Unfortunately these arrangements have not been adhered to ( in my letters nothing states paying 42.50 a week however it does state that the only lawful charges I owe to the bailiff is 42,50 for what they did legally )

Bailiff collection is currently being held as detailed in my letter to allow full payment to be made in full

I trust this clarifies matters

1st visit £24.50 (Understand) - OK

2nd visit £18.00(understand) - OK

Van attendance fee £110.00 (she was driving the van around anyways and to another property the same day it was her means of transport she also took nothing) - Attendance to Remove Fee can only be charged if they have a valid levy

Levy fee £35 (invalid levy was made)

Allpay payment fees £1.00 (50p per transaction) (- not a clue what that is ment to be) - it's a fee for paying by either payment card or bar coded bill at the Post Office

Waiting Fee £60.00 (nobody asked her to wait anywhere) - if this is being charged you must ask where in the Regulations it states they are allowed to charge this - it is not allowed.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great thanx do i send this in a letter to both the mp again and the council ?

I wouldn't bother with the Council but would use my local Councillor to prove how inept their employees are. By all means write back to your MP pointing out the Councils failures.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry I disagree, copy to the council,If you don't keep them in the loop they'll use this against you as a delaying tactic.

I would also play on words here, inform the MP that it is you that has tried to resolve this matter, and the council have sat back.

I don't believe that the councils are allowed to decide, with the bailiff company, how much they charge. But it appears my council does.

Now with regard to the van fees, there is a bit you can do.......... the law says "reasonable" costs, you can challenge this fee, but it will be one heck of a headache, I once spoke to the national debt line about this and they basically said, that if i can prove it would be cheaper to hire a van + petrol then that can be used to challenge their van fees. Don't forget the chances are you wasn't the only one she would have visitied that day, so if she had done 3 then she would have charge £ 330, it wouldn't have cost that much to hire a van + petrol ( remember at this point you have NO WAY of proving she visited anyone else) It just gives them a hard time and gives you a buzz knowing they are having a "bad day" :)

Cas

it would not take much proving she made a visit to one other person up the road from me the same afternoon as the woman she made the visit to posted n here as the bailiff refers to me and been at my home to this other person as a scare tactic

Sorry Vicki

I left my one brain cell in bed this morning, are you saying that on the same day she called on you she called on a neighbour and levied?

Did she leave any paper work for your neighbour?

For months I have been saying people in local areas should get together and take on the bailiff companies en masse, I believe the Judges would then sit up and listen.

Hi Vicki

it would not take much proving she made a visit to one other person up the road from me the same afternoon as the woman she made the visit to posted n here as the bailiff refers to me and been at my home to this other person as a scare tactic

Can't you report her for discussing your case with another person because they only need to swear an affidavit. Gross misconduct giving out information on other people.

it was the next estate up she visited she did not say my name but referd to been at a house up the road all day and she had sat outside of my house untill after in afternoon so who else could it of been

Morning all i have replied back to my mp pointing out about the way the bailiff company have told the council a lot different to the information i have and i have also pointed out the costs and what they are not allowed to charge i have also asked in the letter would it be possible for her to request the council takes the debt back fingers crossed i can get somewhere still waiting on reply from the commissions house tho

Dear Miss ********,

Council Tax:- ** **** *******

I have received your request for information held by this department relating to your Council Tax account for the period 14 April 2009 to 2 July 2009. Unfortunately the Data Protection Officer responsible for Revenues and Benefits is on leave until Monday 19 July 2010. I will speak to him on Monday with regard to this matter and your request will then be processed.

Yours sincerely

Just recived that by email from the council dont really have time to wait till monday they are expecting payment in full by end of this month grrrr

Dear Miss ********,

Council Tax:- ** **** *******

I have received your request for information held by this department relating to your Council Tax account for the period 14 April 2009 to 2 July 2009. Unfortunately the Data Protection Officer responsible for Revenues and Benefits is on leave until Monday 19 July 2010. I will speak to him on Monday with regard to this matter and your request will then be processed.

Yours sincerely

Just recived that by email from the council dont really have time to wait till monday they are expecting payment in full by end of this month grrrr

Hasn't this progressed to a criminal complaint against the bailiff in question? If that's still in progress, I'd be complaining to the council that there is an outstanding criminal complaint against them (the bailiff is working for them, after all).