style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am now 'signing on' for 11 weeks (first time in my life) I am a 55 yearold female. I have worked hard all my life. Unfortunately I became sick 2 year ago and after using my bit of savings to live I have now had to get financial help as in the form of JSA. To be honest I don't feel confident/well enough to work but find it very stressfull going to Doctors for sick notes. I don't know how long I will be able to recieve JSA before it becomes stressfull. I really could not cope with having to go on courses with a load of 17-18 year olds. Has anyone been in a simillar situation as myself?

Hello Ally. Could I suggest you start your own thread on this? You probably know anwyay, but if you click on the red triangle bottom left of your post, you can ask the site team to start one for you. Give them a title if you can think of one, or they'll come up with something.

That way, you can your own specific advice.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There are other benefits, ally, like ESA if you're too ill to work.

But claiming that will involve you in getting doctor's notes, being assessed and becoming part of the system, and even ESA claimants are helped back into work if it's appropriate, but with support.

Have you talked to your local CAB? They're often good at benefits.

Our guru Erika has a pet website where you can do an online benefit calculator and I hope she'll post it later. I have to go out, so I can't look at the moment. I never remember where it is.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried doing what you suggested but not sure how too! (new to this) hit the red triangle but it came up as though I was reporting! Will try again,

Regards Ally