DCA query??

mazbck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a debt is passed to a DCA and you have queried the original amount with the OC, does the OC have to inform you they have passed ot tp the DCA?

I have a mobile phone debt that I have queried, and it has gone on and on and on, with the mobile provider not acknowleding or providing me with the information I have asked for in regards to the bill.

I got an invoice in from the mobile provider, then 5 days later a letter from the DCA and the amount is almost 3 times as much as the original debt.

The DCA says it is the outstanding balance and the remaining contract, and they are within their rights to collect.

It's called creative accounting because they are so desperate for money. How would they know what is in the contract? They haven't seen it. You can ignore them and send the mobile provider a SAR for all the details in your account. They have 40 days to reply and if they don't you can make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner.

The figure they have given me as the outstanding balance matches the last invoice, and I cant figure out how they got the remaining amount for the contract, as there is only a few months left of the contract.

As for the provider, I dont want to say as you never know who is reading the forums, but the DCA is DLC.