HFO/HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can some one advise me we have received a letter from hfo saying they own a debt from hbos that were not sure we even owe as we paid off most debts years ago they are threatning a charge against our property and solicitor and bailiffs they have even included a picture of our house. I rang them and said we did not ecknowledge the debt the girl said it started in 2002 and the last payment was in 2006 she couldnt tell me if it was a credit card or loan or who it was with or how much the payments were ?? the conversation was left at that she tried to get a phone number etc which i refused to give again saying we did not know anything of it all...please help thanks in advance .

Hi Chysun, if you could start your own thread and post up the letter from HFO, removing any personal info.

Cheers cerberusalert, I have alerted other members of HFO fan club.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi im not very good at this thread stuff i take it cerberusalert has started a new thread for me how do I access or subscribe to it sorry for being daft and i so appreciate your help nearly ill at the thought of it all .

Hi im not very good at this thread stuff i take it cerberusalert has started a new thread for me how do I access or subscribe to it sorry for being daft and i so appreciate your help nearly ill at the thought of it all .

You are already subscribed, if you send the letter cerberusalert directed you to that will be a good start, I have alerted the HFO fan club to this thread so you are in very good hands.

B A

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

LETTER READS AS FOLLOWS :-

HFO Services

Name,account,hfo case no.,amount owing..

I have attempted to contact you several times recently ,with the offer that HFO has for you in connection with your account.

We are currently in the process of reviewing your account and preparing an in depth info dossier on your current financial situation. If you fail to get in touch this dossier shall be forwarded to our solicitors with instructions to sue in order to recover the debt.

Your file indicates that you are the owner of the property xxxxxxxxx in this situation HFO has 3 otions to choose from.

1.iniate legal action against you to secure the debt with a charge against your property . you have made payments in the past and it is unlikely that you will be able to raise a credible defence to legal action. Th e joint owner if applicable will be notified of this litigation.

2.Agree a settlement allowing you to pay a one-time discounted settlement amount or.

3.Enter into a resonable payment agreement with you towards the full amount.

Hfo may also seek to enforce judgement by way of a warrant of execution . court appointed bailiffs will visit you at xxxxxx and seize your assests which will then be sold at public auction in order to pay the judgement debt .

You can avoid this escalition of this matter by calling within 7 days

yours etc..

The other part of this is that we have never had a loan or credit c or loan over 5k in our lives and have had neither for at least 5years we thought we were rid of them all the woman on the phone said she thought it may have been a 5k loan or c.c and we had paid it from 2002 to 2006 the last payment being 1,300 which sounded to me as the clearing payment......the amount Hfo are now looking for is 10333.30 !!hence the reason i feel ill .

Again thanks in advance

I would report them to Trading standards and OFT for this threatening letter.

I am aware of HFO Services persuing people for Sainsbury credit card debts, but I do not think HFO Services own these debts.

Hi Chysun and welcome to CAG,

there are a few of us who are fans of HFO having tangled with them in the past. We can all help each other and so my advice for the moment is NOt to give them a phone number, NOT to pay them anything but to respond in writing to their letters. But above all do not panic. These guys should be treated in the way that all bullies are treated.

Doc

Looks like we have 2 guests, so I'll say my usual "Hello Mr T", just in case.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

LETTER READS AS FOLLOWS :-

HFO Services

Name,account,hfo case no.,amount owing..

I have attempted to contact you several times recently ,with the offer that HFO has for you in connection with your account. We haven't really, we just pretend we have to impress the court. That's what we always do.

We are currently in the process of reviewing your account [we're trashing your credit file] and preparing an in depth info dossier on your current financial situation [and we'll do a printout of your credit file]. If you fail to get in touch this dossier shall be forwarded to our solicitors with instructions to sue in order to recover the debt. We'll pass it to the next desk. No, sorry, it will stay on my desk. I'm the solicitor too.

Your file [ooh, looks like we've done the dossier and looked at Google Streetview already] indicates that you are the owner of the property xxxxxxxxx in this situation HFO has 3 otions to choose from.

1.iniate legal action against you to secure the debt with a charge against your property . you have made payments in the past and it is unlikely that you will be able to raise a credible defence to legal action. [We always say this but it isn't true really. Just trying to scare you. We don't really know the law, cos we're thickos] The joint owner if applicable will be notified of this litigation. [if there is a joint owner. If you own it even. OK, we're guessing]

2.Agree a settlement allowing you to pay a one-time discounted settlement amount or. [We'll take a settlement because it's old and dodgy and we haven't got a CA]

3.Enter into a resonable payment agreement with you towards the full amount.

Hfo may also seek to enforce judgement by way of a warrant of execution . court appointed bailiffs will visit you at xxxxxx and seize your assests which will then be sold at public auction in order to pay the judgement debt . [Trying to scare you again. Really, we'd have to get a judgment first. Those pesky kids at CAG keep foiling us]

You can avoid this escalition of this matter by calling within 7 days

yours etc..

The other part of this is that we have never had a loan or credit c or loan over 5k in our lives and have had neither for at least 5years we thought we were rid of them all the woman on the phone said she thought it may have been a 5k loan or c.c and we had paid it from 2002 to 2006 the last payment being 1,300 which sounded to me as the clearing payment......the amount Hfo are now looking for is 10333.30 !!hence the reason i feel ill . [He, he, it worked then. Aren't we clever?]

Again thanks in advance

Complaints time. This is the fourth or fifth time we've heard of this 'we know where you live' method being used. It is threatening - you must complain immediately to trading standards and especially the OFT.

Also, contact Google and ask if they know their system is being used this way. Write to Tony Hetherington at the Mail on Sunday with this development. Have you checked that the Google Streetview image is the same as the one sent to you?

HFO, you really are the bottom of the barrel. CAG is coming to get ya.

Hi Chysun,

Silly questions, is this a personal debt to either you or your other half.

Is your mortgage in joint names.

Cos if the answer to the above is yes , they have not got a hope in hell of getting a Charge against your property the best they could get is a caution and strangly enough you are under no obligation to pay off a caution if you ever sell up.

As for HFO well we all love em :p hello boys.

Hi Chysun,

Silly questions, is this a personal debt to either you or your other half.

Is your mortgage in joint names.

Cos if the answer to the above is yes , they have not got a hope in hell of getting a Charge against your property the best they could get is a caution and strangly enough you are under no obligation to pay off a caution if you ever sell up.

As for HFO well we all love em :p hello boys.

They are a very long way from geting a charging order, interesting point you made miffedpuppy about not getting a CO if mortgage in joint name, when they got CO against me, my mortgage is joint name and Mrs B A received a copy of order as well, this before I got it set aside and they then discontinued :)

I wonder if Google know that HFO are using their streetview system for attempted commercial gain?

Photographic Imagery

The photographic imagery made available for display through Google Maps is provided under a nonexclusive, non-transferable license for use only by you. You may not use the imagery in any commercial or business environment or for any commercial or business purposes for yourself or any third parties.

You may not copy, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, modify or make derivative works of the imagery, in whole or in part. You also may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the imagery or any part thereof or use it in any manner not expressly authorized by this agreement.

By using Google Maps, you do not receive any, and Google and/or its licensors (if any) retain all ownership rights in the imagery. The imagery is copyrighted and may not be copied, even if modified or merged with other data or software.

I've just found this on Googles terms & Conditions......

Great work! Now, can it be confirmed that this is where they get the images from?

Shouldn't be difficult to confirm, the image will match up exactly as the one on google streetview, will just take a bit of matching in case they have zoomed in or out etc!

Hi folks having trouble getting logged in on computer any way forgot to add attached to our letter was a field investigation name account dob amount owed and address and pic of someone elses house with details of objects identified ie car and other removable assests as there example of what they do and yes can confirm our pic of house is on google

Hi yes they sent us a pic of our own house with the heading of bailliff information but also another two pages with this other persons info and pic of their house too .