Bristow & Sutor - the comic strip letters (part 1 & 2)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I am helping someone out with their records, I thought it would be useful to post up copies of actual letters (as neutralised images) for all to see and comment on. The references at the top are in the correct format but are just made up :)

bristowsutor201006comic.jpg

It appears that the closest match to B Ashman is an F B Ashman, but I cannot be certain, it is probably a case of identity fraud. :roll:

Certificated Bailiff

hmcsashmanbaliff.jpg

Here is the back of this letter, together with a notable portion of text which says 'To be opened by adressee only'

So how can the second section ever be completed?

I have not found a link to the code of practice, nor the formal complaints procedure on their website. They also do not mention that they are bound by the Enforcement Services agency ESA | Member Directory

There were two 'formal looking' sides of A5 enclosed, which are displayed in the next post...

Edited by tallorder

Find something to enjoy every day.

[20190624]

Here are the formal parts, from Bristow & Sutor (An Unlimited Company):

I can't find any code of practice, nor any appropriate form to complain on on their website - as there was obviously none enclosed with these papers.

And finally an unlabeled single sided form, asking you to do the baliff's job...?

:roll:

This form was completely blank.

Amazingly, these make no reference to any law, legal clauses, nor any means to challenge...

...hope this proves interesting.

Edited by tallorder

[20190624]

On the financial questionaire you will see that the debtor is asked to provide the name of their employer and National Insurance number.

By completing this form the bailiff company will then provide this info to the local authority who will then apply for an attachment of earnings order to have the council tax deducted at source from the person's salary.

Hi Rae

For now this is informational, with examples of letters which apparently have a street value of £24.50

It is unusual to have a private letter which directly addresses someone who is NOT the named individual in sections of the letter.

I understand the logic, but why would someone else open another persons mail? :eek: I am certain that is a real offence under the eyes of the law.

This basically started in April when a friend who was unemployed for a few months came off benefit and the council paid council tax then took it back, by way of cancelling the installments following an ill advised phone call.

Just out of curiosity if a baliff marks (signs) any form with any details which do not match their certificated licence, how can you trust the signature?

I have actually been following some of your excellent advice to help them :wink:

Thanks

[20190624]

Wel the issue with the original council has now been cleared up thanks to someone there who can read.

A sensible manageable payment plan was suggested and the council agreed, but still have to pay through B&S - with a £1.11 charge for using a card online. That might have something to do with chargebacks :grin:

With regards to the mail opening, it is indeed a criminal offence.

Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (c. 23)

Quite simply, it is an offence to open, destroy, hide or delay any post that is addressed to someone else. Post cannot be opened if it is to the addressee's detriment and without reasonable excuse. Reasonable excuse is not defined by the Act. This means your explanation for withholding post may not stand up in court.

An example of a potential conflict is if a landlord opens a previous tenant's post in order to trace them. Post cannot be opened if someone knows or reasonably suspects the post has been incorrectly delivered. In addition, any post or post bag that is found in a public place must be returned to a post office without being opened.

It is also an offence to divert someone's post in order to intentionally delay them from receiving it. An example of this could be where a person re-posts documents or cheques to delay the addressee from acting upon them.

In addition to this, if you receive someone else's post by mistake, you should contact Royal Mail's customer services department. The mistake can be reported to the appropriate delivery office. The post itself can be delivered by hand to the correct address, re-posted in a post box or handed to a postal worker.

So it would appear that B&S are encouraging people to admit to breaking the law.

:eek:

[20190624]