Natwest - Submitted Defence

RagingBull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning All,

Finally, on the last of the 28 waiting days, natwest have submitted their defence.

They (Corbetts) want to know which accounts were charged and when. Im guessing its the same bog standard letter that everyone else has had.

Any advice, what do I do next, a lot of people have been mentioning and AQ... Im unsure what this is.

Thanks

Hi,

They need a copy of your spreadsheet with interest and the account number and sort code on the top. Also there is a letter in the library to tell them about themselves and why you are claiming. The template is there you just need to put in the figures where the xxxxxxx's are. Good luck. I'm in the same boat. Today is their last day for defence!

Hunbun;)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

They need a copy of your spreadsheet with interest and the account number and sort code on the top. Also there is a letter in the library to tell them about themselves and why you are claiming. The template is there you just need to put in the figures where the xxxxxxx's are. Good luck. I'm in the same boat. Today is their last day for defence!

The library on this website?

hope this helps

Name xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address xxxxxxxxx

Address xxx

Countyxxx

Post code

Cobbetts LLP

Ship canal House date xxxxxxxx2006

King Street

Manchester

M2 4WB

Your Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Particulars of claim

Dear Sir or Madam: IN THE NORTHHAMTON COURT

Claim No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Account Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sort Code: xxxxxxxxxx

I acknowledge the receipt of the defence posted on behalf of National Westminster Bank plc.

1. The Claimant has an account ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxxxx and £ xxxxxx interest.

c) Court costs £xxxxxxx

d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true