Credit Resource Solutions Ltd. Is this a scam?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post here, just looking for some helpful advice/information....

I've recently received a letter from the company above stating that they have been "instructed by their client to attend the property to carry out a pre-litigation assessment prior to legal proceedings"

The letter goes on to say that a field recovery agent has been instructed to attend with 7 days to carry out a full property and asset evaluation. It also states "this issue may relate to equipment that remains the property of our client which you may wish to return".

Also the letter is addressed to "Council Tax Payer", not me in person and I'm not mentioned specifically, neither is the landlord (who I've never met, although I do forward his mail).

I really have no idea what this is about, I don't have any unpaid debts

and have never received any letters like this before. The property is a furnished rented flat btw.

Any ideas what to do? Ignore it, contact them, report them to Trading Standards/OFT etc.

TIA

As this is not addressed to you personally I would 'return to sender' or forward to whoever you deal with in regard to your rental of the property, unless of course you are responsible for the Council Tax at your property.

This may well be a 'phishing trip'.

You can also report them to OFT and Trading Standards.

Thanks for that guys.

Looks like I'll be complaining to Trading Standards.

I've found the OFT guidelines here

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

They seem to be in breach of lots, including the first guidline!

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.

Incidentally, I am the council tax payer