Benefit Freeze and The Wine Cellar

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone read the article on Yahoo announcing that the government who may be proposing to put a freeze on Welfare Benefits has spent 18,000 pounds on stocking up their wine cellar since David Cameron came into office on 6 May! If that isnt enough to make your blood boil, the entire stock is worth 864,000 pounds according to Foreign Office Minister Henry Bellingham. When it comes to making these urgent cut backs, I suggest that DC and his cronies auction off this stock of government hospitality and cut their cloth according to their measure rather like we all have to do. I am not opposed to keeping an adequate stock for business, but is it really necessary to keep nearly one million pounds worth of wine. Feel like I need a drink now I am so angry.

I have just about had enough of this :mad:

When I read reports like this it really does get my back up big time.

I wonder if they will pay me to stock my fridge up with cold beer while the world cup is on !

I have to survive on little over £25 after paying my bills each week from my benefits , its really time we started kicking butt in this country.:mad:

I have just about had enough of this :mad:

When I read reports like this it really does get my back up big time.

I wonder if they will pay me to stock my fridge up with cold beer while the world cup is on !

I have to survive on little over £25 after paying my bills each week from my benefits , its really time we started kicking butt in this country.:mad:

Hi KK,

I agree it's now time full some butt kicking as you say, were to begin is the Q8)

Do you know what amazes me more than anything in this country :confused:

Why are we such a bunch of pussies when it comes to getting our point across :confused:

In France they take to the street and kick off , In Greece they riot to show they are not happy , In Thailand they riot etc etc

What do we all do apart from bitch and moan , no wonder nothing is ever done to support our cause :mad:

... What do we all do apart from bitch and moan , no wonder nothing is ever done to support our cause :mad:

Dare I suggest that part of the problem is that many of us are seriously ill? Mobilising the mobility impaired will always take a little extra effort and creativity...

Best wishes

Rae

your spot on

Dare I suggest that part of the problem is that many of us are seriously ill? Mobilising the mobility impaired will always take a little extra effort and creativity...

Best wishes

Rae

And that is what the government are counting on, as I said their 'Bullies'

but things are hotting up, to coin your phrase 'up the revolution'

Alan.

Rae

your comment "creativity" set me thinking.

A great number of the most 'creative' people throughout history, have had a side to their 'make-up', which could be described as a mental illness or in some cases a physical disability, in fact I would go so far as to say, its due to this, that these individuals are so creative.

I believe that this is the case today, we just have to channel this in the right direction.

Alan

Insanity: a perfectly rational adjustment to the insane world.R. D. Laing

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.