Company going bankrupt overseas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just need some advice on a tricky situation i am in at the moment, not sure if i am posting in the correct section, but appologies if i'm not. Issue is that i have ordered some hardware from a company abroad, paying money in full, i have now found out that creditors has taken over the control of the company and i am now not likely to recieve what i have ordered, this was meant to be delivered in another country. The twist to this is that when i paid the money, this was paid into a personal UK Barclays account for the owner of the company, my question is due to the fact that the money was paid into a personal account and not the company account, can i claim back the money from the owner through UK courts as this was to his personal account? This was done via Back Cheque. Would be greatful for some help or direction on this. Thanks

IMHO much depends on what sort of contract you entered into for the supply of the goods and where and how the contract was signed and how the arrangements were made for the payment to be made and under what conditions.

In terms of contract, money was agreed to be transfered verbally to personal account in UK due to the company not having a company account in the UK, so it's the normal way of buying goods apart from, instead of paying the company, money was paid to the personal account. Can i claim back the money from the company owner if he cannot prove that the money i placed into his company account, was transfered to company account?

Sounds like you have been a victim of fraud i.e. they had no intention of supplying the goods and were therefore requiring payment to go into a personal account.

Not sure what you can do about this. Might be worth speaking to the Police, to see if there is a unit that looks into these type of acts. There might be others who have also had the same problem with this company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I need to speak to the creditors tomorrow who are now in control of the company and also to the guy who i transfered the money to his bristish account, but the news is that he currently open another busniess of same nature in another area of the country, so i just want to know if i had a case if i was to go the legal route to get back my money. I am sure the administrator in control of the company would he interested in this as well. If he refuse to transfer back the money i will go to a UK lawyer first then see what my options are also.

This is surely fraud. Do you not think a criminal act has taken place?

Asking for the money to be paid into a personal account stinks to me.

This needs to be looked into a bit more.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That's why I need to speak to the administartor who has taken over the business to see what they say about my goods, because if I can't get my goods are money back, this will be going through the courts to sue the owner for my money.

As yours was a verbal agreement for goods ordered overseas for delivery to a destination outside of the UK you are going to find this very hard going. If the value of the order is not high I would write it off.

Presumably the person you paid the money to is not a British citizen and not resident in this country? In which case you will only be able to claim against any UK assets he may hold. If that is only a UK bank account there is nothing stopping him from emptying it and closing it as soon as he gets wind of impending action. If you win, which in my opinion is unlikely, you may find such action a hollow victory,

As unclebulgaria has implied this smacks of fraud.