Lowell claiming my fiance owes money to Barclays ***RESULT***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Received a letter from PDCS with aan apology which didn't sound very sincere. They have advised that they have removed all my details from their database and that credit rating will not be affected.

So hopefully this is the end of it.

Suvin

Sounds like one has to go to the police to actually call these bullies off. I've received another letter from them threatening bailiffs and one from a company on their behalf who seem to actually manage the bailiffs. So I sent them the prove it letter too. Got another letter from this 'bailiff' company after the prove it letter. So I'm ignoring both of them and if I get another one through from either of them I'll be sending letters of complaint.

I've now also had letters through from a company call Lowell claiming my fiance owes money to Barclays (£773.33) and today to Lloyds (£6631.71!) - or rather they bought the debt off Lloyds back in 2005 (can they still claim for it after all this time???). I sent the prove it letter re Barclays and they've sent me another letter today saying they've requested the information and will send it through in due course. So at least they're doing what they're meant to. At least on the Barclays original letter they stated the address that it related to and it's an address that my fiance's ex-wife lived at after they'd split up (i.e. he never lived there). I'm assuming the Lloyds one is the same thing. We're still waiting for his decree absolut to come through so although a technicality, they are still married. Is my fiance actually liable for debts that she's run up? Can we not just pass on her address to the debt collection agencies?

Anyway, will keep you posted on anything further from Past Due. Ugh!

Best of luck to everyone else dealing with these and thank you to those giving us such good advice!

Ok heres the deal with this.

1) could he have incured the debt whislest still with his ex?

2) as they have a finiancial link, they do still have one due to the marriage even after divorced, then if his name was on any of the paperwork then yes he can be asked to pay the money. If not then he can say bog off.

3) in relation to the addy not lived at yes he may not have lived there but due to the finiancial relationship they can track him down.

4) if these are debts she has run up in her own name then no he is not fiancially liabile. The sticking points are the divorce because if they were jointly liable for the debts then someone needs to pay for them but you can come to a arrangement where half of the outstanding debt is paid by each person ut it comes out of ones persons bank account or from one person. The other sticking point could be fraud. If he left her, Please note l am not saying he did just giving a example, then as part of a getting back at him she could have commited fraud by atting him to any agrements etc.

You will need to look at the paperwork properly.

Also may l just add this is info i was given by my sol when i got divorced even tho we had split in 2002 when we eventually was divorced it was dec 2006.

Edited by The GodMother

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you for this advice. And yes it was my fiance who did the leaving - and their divorce is taking a similar amount of time to yours. Fraud hadn't even crossed my mind. I'll have a good look at the paperwork if and when it comes through.

I managed to speak to my fiance about an hour ago and he says he knows the Lloyds one which is one they tried to pin on him around 5 years ago even though the debt isn't his. He said he sent a similar prove it letter at the time and never heard anything more. I'm guessing as that letter actually says 2005 on it, they're chasing it again in the hope they can get something before the 6 years are up.

Anyway, if I hear any more from these guys I'll start a new thread about them as I'm very aware this thread's about Pastdue.

Thanks again!

Thank you for this advice. And yes it was my fiance who did the leaving - and their divorce is taking a similar amount of time to yours. Fraud hadn't even crossed my mind. I'll have a good look at the paperwork if and when it comes through.

I managed to speak to my fiance about an hour ago and he says he knows the Lloyds one which is one they tried to pin on him around 5 years ago even though the debt isn't his. He said he sent a similar prove it letter at the time and never heard anything more. I'm guessing as that letter actually says 2005 on it, they're chasing it again in the hope they can get something before the 6 years are up.

Anyway, if I hear any more from these guys I'll start a new thread about them as I'm very aware this thread's about Pastdue.

Thanks again!

Iam assuming the divorce time taking is not the same reason like diapearing acts of both the ex and paperwork. Also please dont think l am being nasty when l said about the leaving as l know some ppl can become nasty when that is mentioned and l know ppl do get there own back in some way, it happened to me so l know.

Right so the lloyds one should be simple to deal with. Also you could do the same for barcleys.

How long ago did they split up?

Also you might want to Subject Acess Request barcleys and LLoydstsb. OK this will cost £10 but this should bring up any paperwork that could help your fiance and yourself in defence of this alleged debt. This will allso bring up paperwork previously not provided by lowells like maybe the original docs provided and maybe even signature which will need to be studied carefully.

I am going to ask the mods to make a new thread for you re this as l feel we could be of more help on your thread rather than someone elses.

GM

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi, cluless10.

As suggested by GM, I've started your own thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks Scott.

Just trying to save posts being mixed up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well good news on the Lloyds debt. I've just had the following letter come through the post...

"We apologise for the delay in responding to the query that you raised with us. We have been making every effort to contact the original client to resolve the matter on your behalf.

After reviewing the account and in light of the timescales it has taken to achieve a satisfactory response, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without and admission of liability are prepared to close the account. We will ensure your credit file will be amended to reflect this outcome, if indeed this is applicable to you.

We trust that you will find this satisfactory and that this matter is now closed."

Wonderful news!!! And I would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me as without this forum I don't know what my fiance and I would have done. The debt re Barclays and the one from Sky from Past Due Credit Solutions have both gone quiet since June after sending the prove it letter. There is now just one more from Lowell to work on from Capital One which they are threatening legal action soon even though they never responded to the prove it letter. I'm still struggling a bit with what to do about that one and I've got it as this thread if you can offer any advice...

I don't have enough posts yet to post a url but the end bit is:

forum/showthread.php?275160-Lowell-claiming-my-fiance-owes-yet-more-money!&highlight=

Many thanks to everyone again!!!

Good stuff, clueless10.

Glad you got that sorted, here's the 'link' to your other thread................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?275160-Lowell-claiming-my-fiance-owes-yet-more-money!&highlight=

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

WOW - Lowells are on the retreat? I had the exact same letter today, so did my sister, whats' going on?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I'm chuffed to bits about it - as that one was the potential big bucks (£6.5k) if we'd somehow been made to pay. The others aren't my fiance's debts either but if we had to pay them they wouldn't be welcome by any means but they wouldn't break the bank.

Really pleased you got the same letters through today as well harrassed senior! Good day all round! :)

And thanks for posting the link properly Scott. I must be nearly there to be able to do it myself soon... :)